Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Early Stages of Appendicitis

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
My 7 year old daughter was told she had the early stages of appendicitis and the surgeon said there was no reason to operate that it may cure it self. I don't know what else to do. I think the reason they wont operate is cause i have no medical insurance but i do pay cash for all my medical bill we just don't know what to do. i would like to know what kind of food irritates the appendix so that we can keep her away from it so that she wont be in any pain
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper guest72761
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dont think foods bother the appendix, but then again im not sure like 100% certain, the appendix i dont think does much other thenhang there and become inflamed in some people. Ive never heard of early stages of appendicitis. was she having pain? if it gets sever or a fever is present take her to the ER right away though. if it bursts it isnt good and can cause the abdomen to get infected if it bursts inside her . and that would be worse then removing it while inflamed .
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Im sorry for what you and your little one are going thru. Its a shame that when its not an emergency no one will help you if you don't have insurance.

Did they give her an antibiotic? Ive read if you have a slight inflammation of the appendix sometimes this will calm it down and it will go back to normal.

I have 3 kids and I know how scary it is when they are sick, but to have a Dr diagnose this and do absolutely NOTHING but the wait and see has got to be painful.

If you don't feel confident with him get a second opinion or take her to the ER.

I wish the best for the both of you, and keep us posted on how she's doing.

Lisa
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Appendicits
No medication were given to her for pain but we hope that her normal doctor will suggest surgery before it burst basically i waited 12 hours in a emergency room for them to tell me she had appendicitis and they were going to do nothing
|

replied March 12th, 2007
OMG the ER told you to go home!!!! How outraged you must have been!
What they will only do surgery IF it ruptures, so you can wait another 12hrs in the ER!

I thank god we have great insurance now, but awhile back for like 10yrs we had none and you get the worst treatment.....my heart goes out to you.

How long until you can get her a Drs appt?

Lisa
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I just had my appendix removed a little over a week ago and I cannot believe they sent your daughter home!!! Foods do in fact affect the appendix. It is better to give her foods high in fiber because appendicitis can be caused by bm backing up into the appendix, so the more fiber the better for that aspect. I really think you need to take her in for a second opinion, I personally think her appendix needs to come out! I was rushed to er at 3am and by 8am they took mine out. They said there is no way they risk leaving it in to rupture. Especially with such a young child she may ignore symptoms when they are worsening, etc. Good luck to you. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me by all means!
|

replied July 24th, 2010
I'm 14 years old and I was sent home from the hospital because they misdiagnosed my appendicitis as a early stage of it and sent me home with antibiotic, saying it would help. Of course it didn't, and my appendix ruptured the very next day and I suffered heavy bleeding during the removal process. I highly suggest taking your daughter to ANOTHER ER and get that sucker removed
|

replied September 14th, 2010
Appendix
I have a 10 yr old daughter and she has had severe abdominal pain for the past 2 weeks now. I have taken her to ER'S 3 times now and they have admitted her for observation. Her lymph nodes on the CT show that they are inlarged around the appendix, but that the appendix looks fine....she has had no fever, abnormal blood work and no vomiting. I am lost on what to do, considering she is still in bad pain and the pain meds work for 1 to 2 hours at best. If any one out there has any suggestions for me, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Amanda
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2011
that is sooooo mean i had my appendix out when i as 12 i have turned 13 less than a week ago and had my appendix out exacly 8 days ago i was rushed to hospital at 01:36 and my appendix got taken out even though my family has no medical insurance and treatment was free
best advice teker her to a different ER or if your local to gret ormand city street hospital in london there really kind i went ther for 47 days when i was 9
and that was with 2 heart attacks and a heart transplat

hope this helped gotta go

klaraxxxxxx
|