Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Braces, Palate Expander, Now Painful Gums Oh My!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I recently got braces in December followed by a palate expander. Everything has been fine until to my recent visit to the ortho. My teeth were tightened but a chain was also placed on my front braces to close the small gap that had formed.

After this I was in constant pain for about three days, something I was told was only suppose to last a day an a half. I brush my teeth the moment I wake up, after breakfast and after any sugary food in take as well as right before bed.

Lately though, every time I try to put in my palate expander I recife a constant throbbing pain in my back teeth were my wisdom teeth are and my gums have been cut up. It doesn't help that I've been suffering from a pretty bad cough, all this has become quite painful and I would like to try to heal this as quickly as possible without it resulting in crazy oral surgery.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions that can help me relieve this pain and stop a possible serious infection as well as what I should do about my palate expander, should I keep on wearing it or wait a bit?

Thank you very much for you time
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
skin grafting for gums
Is it necessary to have perfectly straight teeth for the skin graft to adhere properly? I was told to have braces on my bottom teeth before having skin grafts to the lower gum.
|
Did you find this post helpful?