Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Lutera And Emotions

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been taking Lutera for like 6 months. Usually before I get my period I get really emotional. Like frustrated, angry, irritated and I cry really easily. It's easy to blame it on my period. Joking that I have PMDD. I read about it and I have close to all of the symptoms. But my period has come and gone and I'm still easily upset. I'm wondering if it could be my birthcontrol? Or that I've just become an emotional girl. Because I do have a boyfriend and since him I seem to be a lot more sensitive. It probably is just that "love" thing? Or is there anyway to tell if it's the birth control?

Question

I actually went back and looked at a post I've done before when I had first started taking Lutera and I was having problems with my mood. *sigh* Do I just really need some counseling or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
No, the pills can cause mood changes.

There may be a mental aspect, and if you feel this is a course worth pursuing, then therapy might help you. It's often all your state of mind.
|

replied January 15th, 2010
lutera
No lutera has made me crazy too, terrible birth control. and counseling may actually help too Smile it cant hurt anyway.
|

replied November 26th, 2010
Its the birth control pill. I have been taking it for 5 months now and my boyfriend says am always mad.Which is trueI get upset for every little thing.Other than the mood swings I have had no other affect
|