Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > ALS, Lou Gehrig Disease Forum

Energy Healing

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
In the beginning, I want to introduce myself: I'm a doctor of medicine for about 20 years now and very interested in Neurology and Orthopedics. Since 5 years I work as an assistant medical director in a rehabilitation center in Germany.
I know a lot about this dangerous illness and am venerating the way people live with ALS. This is one of the serioust neurological illnesses.
My brother and my Mother suffer from spastical spinalparalysis since 1985. In the beginning was no more than a little unsteadiness in walking. Meanwhile, my brother has a broad increase of spastic in his legs that it has become difficult to walk for long periods. My mother cannot leave the house anymore. She additionally suffers from Parkinson's disease since 1999.
We really tried a lot of medical therapy, we tried Botox, nothing really made it better.
In August 06, we heared about the chance of spiritual healing. In the beginning, I was very critical about this. But then we decided to give a chance to this way of healing. At first, for both was created an individual profile to find out, how far healing could get.
Meanwhile my brother can walk very much better, he feels, that strength comes back to the muscles. My mother is very glad that she lost all symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Now she has the possibility to extend the distance she can go.
We are all very happy about this, we're going from strength to strength. There is a lot of healing to do in their nervous system, that takes a lot of time.
I'm telling you our story to show, that there may be ways to heal or even make the situation better than it is on alternative ways.
As I told you, I had a lot of problems with this, but I changed my mind completely.
If you're interested in this and want to have further informations, don't hesitate to ask.
Ulrike Lux
M.D.
PS: I beg your pardon, my English seems not to be one of the best, sorry
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 7th, 2008
Energy healing?!!! Take a trip to www.quackwatch.com or randi.org before you spend any money on that type of treatment.

It is a pseudo-science. The "energy" they talk about cannot be measured. I've tested "Masters" of energy work myself, and they fall on their face when asked to demonstrate their abilities under scientific conditions. I'm not saying they are frauds, but they are deluded! There is no proof it works....only anecdotal. Another word for anecdotal is "placebo effect".

Look at other alternatives.
|

replied December 24th, 2012
Can Chi Energy be measured?
Chi can be measured. As a mater of fact they have found it can be duplicated, it is most similar to a sound wave,and there is an instrument that duplicates the frequency. It can also be measured by infared equipment as a temperature change.

potassium and sodium work in the body as metals with opposing polarities, creating an energy field around the body. This is your aura or Chi.
If you do not believe chi exists. do you believe nerve signals are transmitted by bioelectrical impulses?

What scientific conditions are you using? What masters have you tested?
I am curious. Please elaborate.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2008
Supporter
I do believe that energy has been recorded as the amount heat the body produces in states of meditation. Or energy can also be measure magnetically as we each have a physical magnetic field that surrounds the body. Energy can also be measured electrically and neurologically. We're walking electrons, baby!
|

replied July 17th, 2008
Please tell me how "energy" can be measured.
Can you measure Chi? Can you measure the "bad energy" a Reiki master removes from a patient? Where can I buy such a device?
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Do radiowaves exist or not? Now imagine you're explaining this to people in 16-th century - you'll get the same words you've written.
|

replied September 30th, 2012
in fact many studies have been done with reik
biophysicist Fitz popp used a photomultiplier that captured light and counted it photon by photon as reiki practitioners had been set the task to repair heavily distressed bacteria. we all emit these photons of light but the equipment isnt yet advanced enough to measure these things, chi and bad enegy you say are crude terms but none the less they are what they are enegy. cancer victims for example emmit fewer photons. measured on CCD devices. kind of like an 'aura'camera.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Supporter
How do you know so much about the subject, might I ask?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
I wonder if there is such a device. It seems to me that it would depend on the atunement of a person at any given point in time.
|

replied December 24th, 2012
Yes there is a device.
The persons atunement does matter. However the science of chi healing is based on; all malfunctions or disease of the body is a blockage of chi flow. Someone who can manipulate the chi can feel the difference of the chi at the blockage point. Once this is done proper atunement can be restored.
I hope this answers your question.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Experienced User
First, the nervous system is a complex instrument of which we only understand may 2-3% of its mechanisms. I deem it completely plausible for a number of healings to occur within the nervous system.

Physiological evidence of the conductivity of the nervous system during states of meditation (which I believe that energy healers can access) include the number of hertz traveling across the brain and are measured with Electroencephalographic (EEG) recordings.

Harvard Medical continues to study monks in a clinical setting to better understand what is happening.

In the hypometabolic state induced by meditation, catecholamine levels drop, galvanic skin resistance markedly increases, increased cerebral profusion is present, respiration rate and minute volume decrease significantly without significant change in arterial PO2 and PCO2; there is also decreased vascular resistance, lowered oxygen and CO2 consumption, and a marked decline in blood lactate. The organism remains awake and vigilant, but the physical body goes into a state of deep muscle relaxation Hypermetabolism and Meditation
|
Tags: healing
Quick Reply