Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Upper Resp. Problems Keep Coming Back

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Has anybody heard of this problem?
Starting around November, several people I work with have had cold-like symptoms. Sinus infection, sore throat, coughing, laryngitis. At least 4 of us have been given Z pack antibiodics by our physicians. The symptoms go away, then after a few weeks, it comes back again.
I had this happen 3 times since Christmas. I've been through the antibiodics and steroids twice. The symptoms went away all except a minor cough at night. I went to the doctor, told him I, now, felt fine. He gives me a clean bill of health. Then 2 days later, all the symptoms re-occur. Sinus infection, sore throat, cough. 2 other people at work have told me thay have had the same thing happen to them. We all agree that each time it occurs, the sympthoms are less severe than the previous time.
What is this? Is this some kind of infection that is occuring around the country? (We all work in a hospital maternity floor).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2007
Community Volunteer
there's a few viruses going around this yr, just sounds like you guys keep cathcing them. I've been sick all winter it feels like, but I have a toddler in daycare so he bring everything home. I guess it's the same working in a hosp, you're around all kinds of stuff.
|

replied March 6th, 2014
sickness keeps coming back
Yes. My husband and I have had the same thing it is either a bad cold or a flu and it keeps coming back each time a little less severe What the heck is it? I am 58 years old and I have never experienced anything like this in my life?? If anyone knows about this illness please help!
|