Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

I Hurt Between My Shoulder Blades

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I AM A 35 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I HAVE HAD A EXCERIENCE THAT I AM NOT SURE ON WHAT IT WAS BUT I WOKE UP FROM SLEEP AT 1 AM WITH REALLY STRONG CHEST PAIN, AND IT WENT AWAY AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OR SO. I HAD A REALLY DRY MOUTH SO I GOT UP AND WENT INTO MY KITCHEN TO GET SOMETHING TO DRINK AND ALL OF A SUDDEN JUST STARTING VOMITING, AND FELT REALLY TIRED AFTERWARDS SO JUST WENT ON BACK TO BED. SINCE THAT HAS HAPPENED I CAN'T SLEEP ON MY LAFT SIDE AT ALL BECAUSE MY LEFT ARM WILL GO TO SLEEP AND CAN'T SET FOR LONG PEIORDS OF A TIME DUE TO MY LEFT LEG WILL GO TO SLEEP. I HURT IN BETWEEN MY SHOULDER BLADES VERY OFTEN AND FEEL VERY TIERD ALOT.I ALSO GET SHORTNESS OF BREATH WHEN I WALK FOR A LITTLE BIT. DO YOU THINK I MIGHT HAD HAD A HEART ATTACK OR HAVING SYMPTOMS OF ONE?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MommyTof4
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2011
Wow, same here! (well, shoulder pain)
I am 35 and experienced the same thing!! The pain between my blades woke me up and changing positions didn't help. It started to wrap around under my breast and made me feel sick so I got up and showered.
Are you still on here? What ever happened?
I don't feel so crazy now at least!

Below is a copy of my original post.

DoctorQuestion January 17th, 2011
Could it have been a heart attack? Should I see my family doctor?
Fri night I had pain between my shoulder blades that got progressively worse as the night went on. I went to bed & awoke to it being much worse & reaching around under my breasts. It literally felt like my rib cage was in a nut cracker. I tried changing positions and that only made it worse. Off course this is when the panick attack kicked in & made things worse. I had a shower and went back to bed as the pain started to fade. I have back issues but have never experienced this before.
I've been extremely tired with dizzy spells for a wk or so now & last again with odd stuff happening. I was watching tv & cried at a show which set off a bad panick attack which was unusual for me. It was also the first time my throat felt as if it were being squeezed during one.
My gut says something's not right, my head says it's just the depression/anxiety.
Any insight/suggestions would be great.
Tyvm!
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
Might be gallstones
This happened to me, as well. It ended up being gallstones and I had to have my gallbladder removed. It's worth mentioning to your doctor, who will probably order an ultrasound (if they suspect gallstones).
|