Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Numbness Under Left Shoulder Blade

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I get this numbness under my left shoulder blade on and off. I was just curious what could be causing this and if it is something to be worried about.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Re:numbness Under Shoulder Blade
I would go to a Chiropractor. You may have a pinched nerve. They can realign your spine and that may help, or it could be something else. Your best bet is to see a doctor to find out what is going on.
|

replied January 7th, 2012
lower back pain & numb left shoulder
I am getting the numbness in my left shoulder too, but I also have major lower back pain. I've been told I could have damaged my neck, but I don't know how I could have done that. I'm really kind of worried.
|

replied January 7th, 2012
lower back pain & numb left shoulder
I am getting the numbness in my left shoulder too, but I also have major lower back pain. I've been told I could have damaged my neck, but I don't know how I could have done that. I'm really kind of worried.
|

replied March 17th, 2012
Shoulder Blade Pain and Numbness
I read somewhere that it could be related to GIRD or acid reflux which can irritate a nerve that is near the esophagous. I've been taking mylanta which has helped it. Certain foods will trigger it that are spicy or contain certain herbs and spices. I have a heating pad on it which helps it to feel better.
|

replied May 4th, 2013
I developed nerve pain and numbness and tingling under my left shoulder blade after experiencing trauma when my son had kidney failure. It turned out to be shingles virus. Valtrex can help. It usually has a rash or "lash" marks associated with it, but the marks aren't necessarily in the same place as the numbness/pain. The pain can also be shooting and in other parts of the body. It is largely mis-and under-diagnosed.
|