Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump On Side of My Face

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I'm 17, I have a lump on the right side of my face. it's below the skin near the top of my jaw bone and just before my ear. I don't have one on the otherside. If I touch it a lot it begins to ache. It feels a bit like the glands beneath your jaw on your neck when they swell up if you're sick. It's not very big and can't be seen just by looking at my face. any ideas? could it just be fatty tissue?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper moonlight123
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Could be a swollen salivary gland. Does the pain radiate forward under your cheekbone toward your face?
Regards,
Richard Day Gore
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Not really, it makes my jaw ache a bit but then that could just be from me touching it. I read that salivary glands can become blocked so it might be that, but I shall see the doc sometime in the week to get it checked out. Thank you
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Lump on side of face?
hey Sam,

I was reading your post and it seems as though I have the exact same thing as you are describing. What was the doctors diagnosis?

Thanks,
|

replied August 17th, 2010
well my mom has the same thing except hers is purpleish but it cant be seen either, when your just looking at her face, but it keeps popping up?
this may seem nasty but the other week the first time it popped up she poped it! and all that came out of it was like a mucas blood thing! it was absouloutly descusting!! Could it possibly be skin cancer???Sad
|

replied May 31st, 2011
lump on my cheek
i have the exact same thing, and still have it, its been around for over an year now, painless lump a litle below under the ear like along the jaw line, people say its nothing, ive beena pretty healthy guy, last time i fell sick and missed work was around 2 years ago, and i hardly fall sick, i smoke on occasions, but I have my ways of removing carcinogens from my systems, I was on alert mode for cancers and all that. i studied the symptoms, and ckeckd myself on a regular basis and didnt find much except a few aches coz i was all stressed out. i heal like wolverine Very Happy and have a pretty healthy appetite. even then i get a bit scared. ... swollen lymph nodes, people told me not to worry lol, what do i do Razz
|

replied June 21st, 2011
I have this EXACT same thing. It is just a lump just below my ear along the top of my jaw. It didn't hurt at all until I kept pushing on it and feeling around it. I was worried it might be cancer, but it seems it might just be swollen salivary glands? What did any of your doctors officially say?
|

replied October 19th, 2011
I have something like that but I didn't know glands can get clogged and swell up.. bt mines I been having it for like 17 18 years am 23 and am really healthy and I wen to the doctor got surgery nd it never went away.. mines hurt nd den like 5 years ago I went to the dr. And he says that if it hurts not to worry abt but that if it doesn't hur then I really need to check it out cuz it can be serious..
|

replied July 10th, 2012
I have a lump like about half an inch away from my mouth its abiut the size of a quarter and has gone frm redish to dark red and purple I've had it for about a week and I'm very worried what can it be? ? Please help me
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Lump on my face near left ear
Hi..

I have checked so many posts related to this. I too have a bump on my face in front of my left ear. People mentioned it doesn't pain a lot. But I am having a different experiance all together. It pains a lot even without touching it. There is a swelling on my face especially on left side. Having a servere headache sometimes and everything seems to be revolving. Had a sever pain in my left upper jaw last night. It is not going at all. Its been there for last 4-5 days. Earlier it wasn't noticed at all but now The color has slightly changed to black also. Is there anything to worry about it??? Can it be a cancer??? Please reply. Should I see a physician first or directly dermatologist or oncologist....???
|

replied March 13th, 2013
Lumpy thingy
I have the same thing and I feel it all the time. I'm only 13 but i've had it for a few years. It only hurts when I play with it or touch it. It's on the left, And there isn't one on the right. A few times when I was with my boyfriend he said he could feel it when he touched my face. It's just embarrasing! I wanted to ask a doctor but I forget every time I'm there. It's under the shin, kinda off the jawbone. But I can't see it through the skin. I don't know if it's a certain color. I know glands can be blocked off like this, I've had annoying mucoceles in my mouth a few times that require surgery to get rid of. It's the same thing but I didn't think it coul happen anywhere except the mOuth. I was a little worried that it could be canerous. Cancer runs in my family and it's scary. Is it just a lump or is it dangerous?
|

replied March 13th, 2013
I have the same thing and I feel it all the time. I'm only 13 but i've had it for a few years. It only hurts when I play with it or touch it. It's on the left, And there isn't one on the right. A few times when I was with my boyfriend he said he could feel it when he touched my face. It's just embarrasing! I wanted to ask a doctor but I forget every time I'm there. It's under the shin, kinda off the jawbone. But I can't see it through the skin. I don't know if it's a certain color. I know glands can be blocked off like this, I've had annoying mucoceles in my mouth a few times that require surgery to get rid of. It's the same thing but I didn't think it coul happen anywhere except the mOuth. I was a little worried that it could be canerous. Cancer runs in my family and it's scary. Is it just a lump or is it dangerous?
|

replied March 20th, 2013
Don't worry it could be swelling of tooth. Go & take a complete checkup from a doctor.
|

replied December 7th, 2013
Hi . Im 28 and I also have just exactly like Sam's . It's been here since I was I think 13 yrs old , still have it , still same size and still haven't have it checked . It doesn't hurt at all . But there was a time i had difficulty in chewing . Like if i grind my teeth , i Can feel it has an effect on it . It doesn't hurt that much but was uncomfy upon eating . I don't have it checked coz im afraid its something serious . I don't think I can bear that .
|
Quick Reply