Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Genetix Program

Hi,

My friend is on this Doctor-guided weight loss program called the genetix program.

She's only been on it for like 4 months and looks unbelievably thin. And she used to be alot bigger than me (not telling you what i weigh but it's ALOT) . Now she's literally 1/2 my size.

I already asked, and she's not taking any pills or doing any surgeries..

My question is .............Is that safe, to lose that much weight that fast???

I mean she said that they guarantee that you will never gain the weight back.....But is that possible?

It doesn't seem safe to me for someone that big to get THAT thin ...THAT fast.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper britany_4life
|

replied March 1st, 2007
It Can Be Safe...
I don't know about the program,

but YES, losing a lot of weight in a short period of time can be absolutely healthy for you, I mean, as long as you are checking with your doctor. It can be very effective regarding your self esteem.

You said it's "doctor-guided" though???

do they have a website or ad posted?
|

replied March 1st, 2007
That's the Second Time..
Thats actually the third person i've heard of thats lost so much weight on that genetix program.

My friend lost like 30 lbs in A MONTH !!!!!

What do they do to make you lose soooo much weight like that?

I'll be honest, i could stand to lose like 30 pounds....... Sad
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Yeah they have a website. it's genetixprogram.com

And i'm not sure exactly what they do. They're doctor-guided so i guess you're guided by a doctor...lol
|

replied March 2nd, 2007
Genetix Program
I don't understand what difference a doctor would make with weight loss. I've been to the doctors a thousand times and he's never given me any useful advice on how to lose weight or anything.

I'm not saying that it doesnt work, i'd just like to know what they do and how it works. I'm interested
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Genetix Program
People!

Be very careful on the genetix progam..I had a HORRIBLE Genex program doctor (if he even was a doctor which I'm not convinced!) that worked with me and said horrible things...I would NEVER recommend the program to anyone!!!!! He was a nightmare!....a nightmare!......I can't say anything good about him..he didn't listen to me at all.....UGH!......there has to be a knowledgeable nutritionist out there that isn't insulting and listens to clients....
|

replied January 28th, 2011
Diet Solution Program

How can you possibly be able to eat anything you want and actually keep yourself in shape? As crazy as that sound such thing happen to be true! It’s possible to consume anything you want and actually maintain your good shape while doing so. This is primarily the one thing that fascinated me and attracted me to the Diet Solution Program. I personally in no way enjoyed denying my body food for the sake of losing weight.
|

replied June 9th, 2013
I love the Genetix Program
I don't know if anyone is reading this anymore, but I just lost 128 lbs in one year on this program. It is the only program that has ever worked for me and I've tried them all. It is a great program and I am so appreciative of the daily support they have given me.
|

replied June 12th, 2013
I just began this program. I've not seen any crazy numbers on the scale, but I do feel like I am making progress. You can read more about the positives, negatives, and my personal experience with the program on my blog
|