Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Facing Knee Replacement Again

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi everyone

Just a brief history. I have had 3 tkr all on the same knee due to loosing. The last time I was at the orthopedic surgeon he told me that the other knee would have to replaced. The cartilage was completely gone in my left knee. He told me the bones were actually rubbing on each other. I also have a big bone spur, were his exact words.

I have had quite a few knee infections in the right knee and am a little concerned about a repeat of the same thing in the left knee.

Would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Do you have pain?

If not, why surgery?

Also, I've heard that there exist new injections for replacing cartilage...although I'm not sure what they're called. You might investigate more before committing to going under the knife again. In naturopathic medicine, invvasive techniques are generally the last resort.

Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?