Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Appendicitis Or Not?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Here is a little back ground....a month ago I thought I was constipated, but that wasn't the case....the stool was to wide to pass...I did pass it thought it hurt worse than the 3x's I gave birth. About a week later I had got waken up by horrible cramps and ran to the bathroom with diarrhea.

3 weeks (yes 3 WEEKS) back I started getting an odd pain in my lower right abdomen, not PAINFUL but enough to let me know somethings up. Well I didn't know if maybe it was due to my oncoming cycle....my cycle came but pain didnt go away.

I went to the ER and they took blood, no urine test cause of my cycle. Did physical exam, had me do things, they looked for a lump near my right hip and pressed up and down all over my stomach....which I had ZERO pain or discomfort from this.....they sent me home they said they have NO idea what it is....ran no other tests.

Followed up with my Dr 2 days later......he suspects IBS NOT appendicitis, he has me scheduled for a colonoscopy March 13 and a Sonogram March 15. I did go today and have a UTI test done which I wont know the results til later this week.

He's leaning toward colon I'm going appendix....BUT Im NO Dr.

Would and can an inflamed appendix last 3 weeks ???? I haven't thrown up, yes I get nauseated but that may be from my anxiety disorder which this is throwing me into a spiral.

What are your thoughts?

Lisa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Im gonna say ibs but thats my opinion, nto sure if u would have appendicitis that long without it ruprturing, my mother in law just had her appnedix removed recently but she had the pain for a short time. hopefully your dr gets it figured out though best ofluck to ya
|

replied March 2nd, 2007
Thanks, thats my Drs thoughts.........Its week 4, pain still moves around but I'm feeling better, mentally and physically.

What are the odds of an appendix being inflamed for 4 weeks with nothing getting worse.

Lisa
|

replied April 30th, 2007
Ovarian Cysts
Have you been checked out for an ovarian cysts? I had almost mirror symptoms to you and mine turned out to be a cyst on my right ovary. It eventually burst, but I too thought I had appendicitis. Appendicitis would not last that long though. Best of luck!
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Re: Ovarian Cysts
bagoda wrote:
Have you been checked out for an ovarian cysts? I had almost mirror symptoms to you and mine turned out to be a cyst on my right ovary. It eventually burst, but I too thought I had appendicitis. Appendicitis would not last that long though. Best of luck!

Well I had a colonoscopy/sonogram/and CTscan of my abdomin and pelivis. He said something about my woman parts then said its normal at your age........I wasn't paying attention, all I wanted to know is if my appendix was normal and it was.

I think if I had an ovarian cyst he would have told me right? Cause he said there was no physical reason for my pain. Based on a few symptoms prior to this and my pain he diagnosed me with IBS.

Its 4 months now and I still have the same old problem
|