Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Something Happened to Me Last Nite, I Need Your Suggestions

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Confused I had a horrible evening last nite, as this has never happened to me before, never! I'll tell you what happened and I am open to hearing anything that it could be and what type of doctor I should see, if any. Thanks a lot!
Last nite, my mother and dawson and I went shopping and went to mcdonald's. We both had the #3 which is a quarter pounder w/cheese and a french fry. I also had 1/2 an apple pie. Now, on the way home, I said to my mom "ugggh, the mcd"s is starting to get to me" as it sometimes but not always does. I started feeling pain. I went in and went to the bathroom. Nothing. All of a sudden I started feeling horrible, horrible pain radiating from my uterus all the way around to my a-hole but I could not push hard enough to push it out. The pain was so bad, I actuall had to breathe through them (like I was in labor) and I was practically screaming like I was in labor. After 1/2 hour of this, I was still in severe pain, couldn't walk standing up. Made it to the pot again thinking it was finally coming and again, severe pain. I was hanging onto the window sill on one side of me and the cupboard on the other side of me breathing through this pain and/or contractions. It was horrible. I called my mom and she said to take some mylanta, which I did. Then I finally "poopy" a little. I was a little better then, at least tolerable to take care of my son. I was going to call an ambulance, that's how bad it was. I know it might be irritable bowel syndrom, but why would my uterus (front side) contact so horribly? Any suggestions please !!! Lol what else could it be? Do you think I should go see a doctor? Maybe it was just mcdonald's, I don't know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2004
Ibs
Hi I have ibs and it is no fun. Mine is different than yours though. Mine feels like someone is stabbing me with knives in my stomach. It really hurts. Also mine are not always in the same spot, they can be all over my stomach, back, in my chest. The thing I found that helps me with mine is I hold/push on the spot/spots that hurts. I shake, can't breath,feel like I am going to pass out, I just feel like I am going to die. I never feel like I need to poop, I always feel like I need to pee. I go pee all the time and that helps sometimes. One thing to look for is the food you eat. My doctors had me write down everything I ate and when I ate them and when I got my attacks (that is what I call them). One thing I found was greasy foods and a lot of milk products, some pops and juice made them worse. Somethings were worst then others. I now know what I can and can't eat so I dont get another attack. They also put me on some medicine that helps too. I hope this helps.
|

replied February 12th, 2004
Gas
I have had this--it is gas-i know it is excruciating !!--the food that you ate
nailed it for me !!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA