Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Some Type of Urticaria???

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
ok i need some help out there, im 23 male and for about 8 years i have been breaking out in hives that sting and i get goose bumps they happen in my back and back of my legs, feet and hands , it happens in the winter and spring, never in the summer, if i do anything active, or get nerves they come, and if i stop what im doing and sit down and go in to the cold they go away. if anyone knows what this is or what to do about it i could really use the help thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Hives
Have you been to see an Allergist? You need to get tested.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
i went about 5 years ago, and he didnt know what it really was besides some type of urticaria and i wasnt allergic to anything he could find and said that it would more then likly go away with time, so i have just been dealing with it sence
|

replied October 23rd, 2010
I hope this helps
Hello,Smile u have something called urticaria what type only an allergist can tell u. if u go thru ur routine puncture allergy tests and most of them turn up positive more then likely u are getting false results just cause ur skin is being punctured..ask the doc to do an actual blood test for allergy..i myself was told i was allergic to everything my whole life..finally went to a doc who gave me a funny look when i told him i was. he had tested my FcER1 anti-body levels and said they where off and with that blood test he told me my body was allergic to almost nothing. sunlight heat, friction, pressure the fact i was being puntured during those tests as well and the chemicals in darn near everything from food to environment were causing a pseudo allergy. that FcER1 antibody is there to fight foreign things ...ur mast cells when exposed to an allergy or something ur body precieves as an allergy u get whelps, hives, rashes, that antibody was in overdrive which cause the mast cells to be in overdrive and produce those hives..something the doc said they found out in the past at least 4 years i found out this just a few days ago...oh for me to get those whelps to go down i had found mallox in a cool bathwater helped..please don't use hot water it just aggravates them wear loose fitting clothing and try not to be stressed (as hard as it may seem) that will induce some as well. It is considered a skin disease..some is associated with lupus, thyroid issues and chrons disease..and some hives are considered idiopathic meaning unknown causes..i hope this helps u and anyone else who logs in i wish u the best
|