Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Cannot Get a Good, Deep Breath

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
There are frequent times when I cannot get that good and satisfying deep breath. Sometimes I try to make myself yawn to get it. I have been tested for asthma and I don't have it. This started about 9 years ago and I am sick of it! Does anyone know anything about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2009
posture and breathing
I have beendealing withthis for a year. The only thing that helps me is t do yoga. It might sound far fetched, but the posture and breathing exercises will open up your lungs. It is most likely due to having a concave chest, from bad posture. Tai Chi and Yoga have specific expercises for relaxing the shoulders and upper back and opening the lungs/chest area. It is seriously the ONLY help I have had, for ot being able to get a full breath of air.
|
Did you find this post helpful?