Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Sore Throat For 8 Days!

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I am assuming it's not strep because I went to the doctor today and they never called back with the results. It hasnt gotten worse, it midly improved a few days ago but now I just woke up and the right side of my throat kills when I swallow. I just took three tylenol and ate ice cream. I do smoke and I know that it is a major irritant but usually I shake it within a few days. I have three kids and viruses love us in the winter. Nobody else inthe family has had a sore throat or has one either. I'm worried that something else is wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
smoking could affect it, im not sure, i get sore throats on and off. specially in the morning, and this is the season for germs , my kids keep getting colds on and off and my husband. so far im still in good health for the moment lol Id say if its persistant id get it checked by a dr you neverknow what it could be . do u have a fever or just the sore throat? My dr didnt care when i had a sore throat when i wentbecause i didnt have a fever , they didnt even test for strep or give me anything to help it at all. hopefully u got a better dr then i lol
|

replied March 10th, 2007
Re: Sore Throat For 8 Days!
leahbeans wrote:
I am assuming it's not strep because I went to the doctor today and they never called back with the results. It hasnt gotten worse, it midly improved a few days ago but now I just woke up and the right side of my throat kills when I swallow. I just took three tylenol and ate ice cream. I do smoke and I know that it is a major irritant but usually I shake it within a few days. I have three kids and viruses love us in the winter. Nobody else inthe family has had a sore throat or has one either. I'm worried that something else is wrong.

it is probably from smoking. If you are very worried about it you should go see a doctor.
|

replied December 14th, 2009
same here
I have the same thing. Strep test negative. I went back to the Dr. on day 8 convinced that the strep test was wrong or that i had some sort of sinus infection. I spet $25 on a copay to hear the doctor say that i had a cold and there's nothing i can do about it besides rest and liquids. I went out to dinner that night and our waiter said he has the same week long cold. I'm on day nine, no relief in sight.
|