Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Weird Skin Problem: Red Bumps & Scales (pics)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hello,

I am a perfectly healthy, 22 year old male. When I was 15, I started getting these weird, pinkish scab-like scales on various parts of my body. They were only minor, but over the years, they've gotten worse. They are on my arms, neck, chin area, thighs & chest. I don't have any symptoms AT ALL. No itching, burning... NOTHING! They're just there. I haven't been able to go to the doctor because of insurance issues. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of these & will they leave scars of any kind? Sad

Thanks...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
what do u eat on a daily basis? any allergies that you know of? pro-long exposure to sun?
|

replied February 26th, 2007
healthy-model wrote:
what do u eat on a daily basis? any allergies that you know of? pro-long exposure to sun?
I eat a lot of junk food. Rarely chocolate. I don't know of any allergies. NO SODA AT ALL! Hate the stuff. In fact, all I drink all day is Vitamin Water. My face is very clear & smooth & glowing. And there's no really prolonged exposure to the sun.
|

replied March 8th, 2009
I understand!!
I have the same problem. I'm a healthy 20 year old female. My bumps appeared over night, first on my neck and chest and then the next day it spread to my stomach, legs, and arms. My face is perfectly clear! It's driving me crazy! I want it gone NOW! Let me know if you find anything out!
|

replied June 17th, 2009
scales on skin
i have these spots too! i went to emergency room once and they told me it was a viral skin infection and gave me meds that made them less intense but they didn't go away!

WHAT ARE THEY! they don't itch or anything they are just there and they pop up randomly they go away and leave a small scar
|

replied April 7th, 2012
I have the same freaking thing! It scared me to death bc they just appear!!! I dont like them.!!!! This helped to know it aint just me:)
|

replied April 10th, 2012
I get them as well I,m only guessing but think it may be some sort of bacterial infection. I,ve had lyme twice and just a week ago infected with rocky spotted fever and they are really popping now
|

replied April 10th, 2012
I get them as well I,m only guessing but think it may be some sort of bacterial infection. I,ve had lyme twice and just a week ago infected with rocky spotted fever and they are really popping now
|
Quick Reply