Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Cramped For 5 Days Before My Period Came

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My periods are not very regular they can come as soon as 25 or as late as 31 days. I am 34 and my husband and I were hoping for another child. My last period was on Jan.30 and I think I ovulated on Feb. 11.
I ended up getting the viral bug thats going around on the 10th so I was achey for several days and it was hard to try and listen to my body.

I was exspecting to start around Feb. 24th or 25th and on Wednesday the 21st I started cramping like it was going to start (which would have not been weird for me to start that day). I usually cramp only a day or so before my period and then it comes. I cramped on and off just like period cramps with back aches for 5 days but no bleeding. I thought I was feeling implantation cramping. Then yesterday there was a few spots of blood, again I thought implantation.

Now today it seems like a regular period. I have never had cramping like that before for that long either. What could this be? I am bummed because now I am pretty sure I am not pregnant but I am worried as to what is going on.

I only have 1 tube due to an etopic pregnacy when I was 19 but I have had 2 kids after that. I don't know if I should be concerned that maybe thats whats going on or could I have been feeling implantaion cramping and miscarried?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if your period comes between 25 and 31 days how do you know when or around the time you ovulate?you usually ovualte 14 days before your next period.you cannot miscarry that early.losing the egg and all would be called a phantom pregnancy.you could be pregnant I guess but you would have to take a test.
|

I don't know for sure when I ovulate but usually I can feel it happening- that is if I slow down long enough to notice. I took a hpt on Sat. and it was negative and I only tested because I cramped for 3 days at that point with no bleeding and that is not at all normal for me.

I am not sure how the timing or time frame would need to be in order to miscarry but I was only throwing thoughts I had as to why the weirdness in the cramping for days and even the bleeding starting out so light- the first day for me is always heavy??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Melissa_20 wrote:
losing the egg and all would be called a phantom pregnancy.

You mean 'chemical pregnancy', right? Confused
|

Sorry for trying to get someone to actually give advice. It seems I came to the wrong place for some peace of mind. Enjoy all the ridiculous chit chat.
|

Extremely eHealthy
fiveforjc wrote:
Sorry for trying to get someone to actually give advice. It seems I came to the wrong place for some peace of mind. Enjoy all the ridiculous chit chat.

i gave u the answer in your other post...youre not pregnant and thats it...better luck next time.
|

Im sorry Emma but what post are you talking about?
|

Extremely eHealthy
whats ridiculous is you trying to get someone to just say your pregnant
|

Extremely eHealthy
fiveforjc wrote:
Im sorry Emma but what post are you talking about?

your other thread dear...
|

Oh I see, yours is the harshley worded one about experiacnce not being needed to see if I was pregnant. I guess it wasn't noticed that I said "I am bummed because I am pretty sure I am not pregnant" but was worried as to what the weird cramping could be. I have had a tubular pregnacy before and still had a period, also I have never had a miscarige before(that I know of) so thought hmm could that be what is happening. Anyway no biggy, I will search for help somewhere else. Thanks anyway.
|

Extremely eHealthy
fiveforjc wrote:
Oh I see, yours is the harshley worded one about experiacnce not being needed to see if I was pregnant. I guess it wasn't noticed that I said "I am bummed because I am pretty sure I am not pregnant" but was worried as to what the weird cramping could be. I have had a tubular pregnacy before and still had a period, also I have never had a miscarige before(that I know of) so thought hmm could that be what is happening. Anyway no biggy, I will search for help somewhere else. Thanks anyway.

youre welcome.
|