Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Health Benefits of Drinking Water

I have been testing out an idea that drinking more water, improves your health.
I intended to experiment on myself and partner by drinking two litres of still bottled drinking water per day for a week, on top of what we normally drink and adding a little lemon juice to each drink.
I knew my partner did not drink enough water, she starts work at 8am, and returns home by 4pm, and during that time only has one cup of tea. Often she feels very tired and will also complain of a headache.
I started the experiment and by 10am I had drunk two glasses of water. The first thing I noticed apart from having to visit the toilet was that my energy levels had increased.
By early afternoon I noticed my moral was better, I had an urge to do more, my conversation had got better, and I felt quite witty and humorous, and even quite happy. In fact I felt quite "hipped up", as if I had taken a drug.
I thought that perhaps it was just what I had eaten on this day, however the next day I felt the same way, much better.
My partner also agreed that she had felt much better, and did not feel tired.

There is no doubt in my mind that drinking two litres of water extra on what I normally drink per day has health benefits. I know that it enhances mood, and increases energy levels. What I would like to know is what effect it has on my body organs, blood ect.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dmitriy
|

replied February 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Drinking Water
You can die from drinking too much water. I was told by a doctor that you should only drink 1.1 litres of water a day. I would check with a professional.
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Yes thank you for pointing that out. I am not suggesting that drinking an endless amount of water is good for you. I was told that 2 litres per day is about right, drinking more than this amount can course sodium in your body to be flushed out.
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
Drinking water
It appears that no one has replied to this comment for quite some time so it is about time someone did. It depends also on the quality of water you are drinking. RO water is often stated to be good for you but RO water that has been re mineralized is much better.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Drinking a healthy amount of pure water every day helps keep your kidneys and liver functioning optimally, resulting in increased energy.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Any doctor that tells you to drink 1.1 liters of water a day is a mad doctor. You should be drinking 1.9 liters or 2 Quarts of stillable water a day to maintain healthy function. In addition to the energy and mood benefits of flushing your kidneys properly drinking enough water helps your circulation bettering your sense of wellbeing and mental acuity. It's not a miracle cure but it does allow your body to function normally. If you've been dehydrating yourself, normal is pretty miraculous.
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2009
Hi, everybody!
The key question is water structure. Everybody heard that ice-melt water has vital properties, and boiled water is considered to be almost dead. The intercellular water in Your organism has definite structure, and the water You drink in Your experiment may have not. So, Your organism has to spend some energy to structure the water You drink.
Definitely, Your experiment might show better results if You drink a water from a spring or ice-melt water. What options do we have in a big city?
A 50 gram pocket-size personal device capable to structurize any liquid media placed nearby was invented in Russia recently. No miracles. It's an offspring from the Russian space program! The same people who taught to fly the Russian space shuttle focused their effort on the biological age reduction problem. It resulted in completely new approach to the health maintenance. Functional State Corrector influences liquids with a prerecorded positive information. The consumption of the structurized water poses a wary wide healing effect, fortifies the immune system.
It's easy to make a shower of structurized water. For example it helps (be sure You are sitting firmly!) to fight fly. And it's not the only paradox to discover.
I would not retell the content of my site here, there is a vast information completely unknown outside the Russian Federation only because nobody bothered to translate it! Please find my website through my profile.
Regards, and Happy New Year to everybody!
|

replied December 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Water is water man. It's two Hydrogens and an Oxygen. You can mix a lot of good thins into it but short of having it poluted it doesn't matter if you melt it from glacial ice or filter it out of your bathtub. It is just water.
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2009
Hi, Wolf!
Let me make a gues, that You would like to quote from:

with something like that: "Eliminate the possibility of the scientist's bias affecting the experiment's results by implementing double blind procedures". But it is the scientist's bias that affects the results.
If my cat is given two bowls of water, why it drinks only the structural one. Does it knows a sing about these discussion?
I've read "The Attraction Track" by Joe Vitale recently (in Russian, so it's more a translation than a quote), he wrote "People rather choose to deny something new, rather than to change their attitude towards some strange occurrence". Don't get angry with me, it's absolutely normal that at the same time in Your world water is oxygen+2hidrogen (You see it these way), but say, for Masaru Emoto water is almost a living substance, responding music tones and so on. Imagine You stand aside with Masaru Emoto, may be Yours scientist's bias will interfere with his and the experiment would not work. It is possible.
|

replied December 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Dmitriy
If your product that is not proven by science to be water is bonifed by a cat test then it means that it smells better to cats. If there is no proof that is confirmed by testing then it is not a medical benefit, as no benefit is confirmed by the science of medicine. If your product is tap water then it is proven to be essential to human health.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2009
Hi, Wolf!
Tap water may be beneficial, and maybe not, depending on water-cleaning methods on municipal water cleaning stations. It is not in a majority of cities I visited, but it is not the topic now.
Russian certificate is no authority for You, respect Your choice and cannot do anything about the fact, and should not even bother about, it would not be right to force my opinion. It's just a feeling I have, that You did not visit our site for the information. At any times there were ideas scientifically confirmed later on. Should Medical Science bother to test something unusual or defend The Fortress with denial (for a start)? Such reaction is normal for a self-sufficient system. Sensible level of denial is a good filter, but another extreme may result in a kind of stagnation.
And leaving all that, Happy New Year!
|

replied December 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Your site has been pulled from your profile but I've seen many other snake-oil sales sites. they make claims that are ambiguous and language that lessons your liability. You're talking about harmonically treating water to change it's energy. Masaru hasn't proven that water treated this way has any impact on the water other than it's appearance. If you want to believe that focusing positive energy at water makes it more viable, as long as you're not jeopardizing your health I see no harm in it. However until there is some evidence that your product does what you claim it does I don't see why anyone should invest money in it.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.