Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Ovulation Pain

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
So, my ovulation pains are pretty bad and isn't that when I am most fertile and should be bd with my dh? The pain makes it difficult too. Please let me know, cause I couldn't last month and I actually thought I had ui...But I didn't and it was ovulation pains. In March it should be around the 9th. Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile negar
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
O pain tell me about it. I get the worst pain in the world. Its so terrible i too cant bd during the pain.

I too like to know, whether that is the post fertile time.
Sorry couldnt be of a help.
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Thank You
for your reply Smile
|

replied February 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know if the pain comes before or after the official "O". I can usually tell that i am 'Oing" but it doesn't hurt that bad. Sometimes I hardly notice it.
Does that painful "o" come from something like endo? Do either of you have that? I think and so my doctor thinks I might have a little bit of endo, but I usually get the worst cramps the first two days of my period.
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Endo
What is endo? My first two days of my cycle are horrible. I sometimes cry from pain under medication. These painful cramps started after my first mc 2 years ago, and the ovulation pain started 2 months ago due to clomid I think.
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
I started having sever O pain like when i was 17yrs , After that everymonth it was terrible. I took pain killers & if that dosent help than i go for pain killer injections.

My first 2 days of af are also painfull (but not as much as O pain) But i started experiencing this recently ( say like 8 or 9 months now )

I dont know whether i have endo or not as i never have been tested for it.

NEGAR - Endometriosis: In endometriosis, cells that normally grow inside the uterus (womb), instead grow outside the uterus.

Summary: Endometriosis is very common; the cause -- and why some women have endometriosis and many others do not -- has not been fully fathomed, although there are several prevalent theories; most women with endometriosis have no symptoms; but pelvic pain during menstruation or ovulation is a frequent symptom of endometriosis; endometriosis may be suspected by during a physical examination; it is confirmed by surgery, usually laparoscopy; the available treatment includes medication for pain, hormone therapy, and surgery.

Endometrial cells line the uterus and are normally shed each month during menstruation. When endometrial cells grow outside the uterus, the cells implant. These implants occur most commonly within the fallopian tubes and on the outside of the tubes and ovaries, the outer surface of the uterus and intestines and anywhere on the surface of the pelvic cavity. They can also be found, less often, on the surface of the liver, in old surgery scars or, very rarely, in the lung or brain.

Endometrial implants respond to the hormones of the menstrual cycle just as does the normal endometrium. The implants build up during the month and then they break down and during menstruation they bleed internally. Blood from the implants cannot leave the body via the vagina (or by other exit). The internal bleeding, tissue inflammation and, later, scarring cause the symptoms of endometriosis.

Endometriosis occurs in the reproductive years. The average age at diagnosis is 25-30. (It has been reported in girls as young as 11.)

The central theory of the cause of endometriosis is retrograde menstruation. Blood and endometrium tissue from the uterus back up into the fallopian tubes and drip into the pelvic and abdominal cavity. Retrograde menstruation may, it is thought, be due to a defect in the uterus or it may be related to the way the uterus contracts when it is expelling the menstrual tissue. Genetic factors and the immune system probably are also important in determining which women develop endometriosis and where the endometrial cells implant.

The common symptoms and signs are pain (usually pelvic) and infertility. Pelvic pain usually occurs during or just before menstruation and lessens after menstruation. Some women experience pain or cramping with intercourse, bowel movements and/or urination. Even a pelvic examination by a doctor can be painful.

The intensity of pain may change from month to month and vary greatly among women. Some women experience progressive worsening of symptoms while others can have resolution without treatment.

Endometriosis can cause infertility. When laparoscopy is done for infertility studies, endometrial implants can be found in some patients, many of whom may not have painful symptoms of endometriosis. It believed that endometriosis bleeding, inflammation, and scarring can cause distortion of the female reproductive organs (such as obstruction of the fallopian tubes), resulting in infertility. However, the severity of the disease is not necessarily directly related to the degree of infertility.

Other symptoms related to endometriosis include lower abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation, low back pain, irregular or heavy menstrual bleeding, or even blood in the urine. Rare symptoms of endometriosis include chest pain or coughing blood due to endometriosis in the lungs, headache and/or seizures due to endometriosis in the brain.

Endometriosis can become cancerous in less than 1% of women. Most of the cancers found with the condition, however, appear not to be associated with the implants, but rather occur independently of the disease.

Hope this helped
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow Vol - That was a boat load of information. i really haven't looked into the information much before. Have you asked your doctor what might be causing such horrible o pain?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi Negar,
I always get O pain and I use a fetility monitor, my O pain is usually 2 days before actual Ov date according to the monitor.
On clomid the pain was unbelievable!!!
It hurt sooooooooooooo much and then you were supposed to to BD.
Give me a break, sometimes it was just too bad, it is very hard on DH when you are laying there crying during BD
Now off of clomid I still have pain but it is just sort of there, not too bad and does not get in the way, it just lets me know that it is time for another round in the bedroom Laughing
O
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank You
Thank you Vol for the information Shocked I will ask my doctor for sure, cause now I am a little concerned (like I didn't have anything else to worry about) lol
oneybunches and star, thank you guys for sharing. My pains have definitely intensified since on Clomid (2 months now).
Oneybunches, how long did you take clomid for? Was it successful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2007
Experienced User
hi! i did get O pain right before i would ovulate. it was really sharp but wouldn't last a long time. you are on clomid right? is your Dr monitoring you monthly? it never affected me that much to where i couldn't bd though. do you bbt chart also? that really helped me to pinpoint things exactly!
good luck!
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2007
Experienced User
*star* wrote:
Wow Vol - That was a boat load of information. i really haven't looked into the information much before. Have you asked your doctor what might be causing such horrible o pain?

Yeh & you know what Stuip *** told. He said that many women face this pain & if i can't bare it than take pain killers. Can you believe it.

negar, glad i could help. Good luck.

Good luck girls
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Volaremos wrote:
*star* wrote:

Yeh & you know what Stuip *** told. He said that many women face this pain & if i can't bare it than take pain killers. Can you believe it.

negar, glad i could help. Good luck.

Good luck girls

Wow, How freakin rude of him. Kinda sounds like my stupid doctor!!!
|

replied March 1st, 2007
i get that short sharp pain low in my stomach too...it only happens once or twice a month...i thought it might be ovulation but also it could be gas or something so who knows!
|

replied January 30th, 2009
ovulation pain
I also get extreme ovulation pain for about 3 days and am wondering if it is affecting my chances of conceiving as it feels so inflammed when I get the pain.
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Ladies I O early every month on day 9/10 it is now day 13 and am having cramping in my pubic area but its lower than period pain it is in the middle slighlty to the left. I have had this periviously and was convinced I was Pregnant, I had all the symptons but as my P is irregular & came on day 31 I assumed it was a fantam pregnancy.
Has anyone else had this experience? Could it be implantation I am feeling?
|

replied July 17th, 2011
DH? BD? These abbreviations are creepy.
|

replied July 17th, 2011
DH? BD? These abbreviations are creepy.
|
Quick Reply