Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Baby Einstein (Page 1)

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
Who here got baby eistein for their baba? Christian loves to watch it ...although i have only one it says 6mos + he still loves it!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i haven't seen any of their videos in a long time, but i used to be a nanny and i would put it on for the babies and they seemed to like it. the ones i saw were just still pictures on the screen so i thought they were kind of silly, he could look at a book and see the same things and i'd rather he play with books than watch tv.

if i have to do something (like shower or make dinner) and finn's being extra fussy i'll put his swing in front of sesame street. he flips out when the puppets are on the screen and starts laughing and screeching, then when it goes to a cartoon or whatever he sits there completely quiet and looks bored.
|

Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
i haven't seen any of their videos in a long time, but i used to be a nanny and i would put it on for the babies and they seemed to like it. the ones i saw were just still pictures on the screen so i thought they were kind of silly, he could look at a book and see the same things and i'd rather he play with books than watch tv.

if i have to do something (like shower or make dinner) and finn's being extra fussy i'll put his swing in front of sesame street. he flips out when the puppets are on the screen and starts laughing and screeching, then when it goes to a cartoon or whatever he sits there completely quiet and looks bored.

if he loves sesame street he will adore baby einstein....i guess the classical music and the black background intrigues them....its def. worth the money!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i have 7 baby einsteins...love them.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i love .baby .einstein! i'm definitely going to get some videos for .gabe.. my cousin's son is absolutely in love with them. he has a lot of the ones that teach you different languages. he knows what a lot of words are in spanish & he's not even 2 yet!
|

Extremely eHealthy
i know they play the same thing in english, spanish and french the one i got...its great! Im gonna get more! i wish i could find one of his age group but i cant!!
|

Especially eHealthy
hmm... i guess i'll go see if i can find some to download.

any recommendations?
|

Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
hmm... i guess i'll go see if i can find some to download.

any recommendations?

i have baby's first moves..try that one ..im sure he will love it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
beethoven and bach and mozart are for newborns.

babies first moves is the worst baby einstein, my son wont even watch that one.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Nataliachick7 wrote:
beethoven and bach and mozart are for newborns.

babies first moves is the worst baby einstein, my son wont even watch that one.

Christian seems to love it..he watched it all and didnt flinch!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ava rather watch real people on tv instead of baby einstein. I rarely put her in front of the tv, but my mom does alot.
|

Extremely eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
Ava rather watch real people on tv instead of baby einstein. I rarely put her in front of the tv, but my mom does alot.

theere are real people in the dvd's ..mostly babies but animals too.
|

Extremely eHealthy
amelia will not watch tv unles some one is singing. i am forced to watch .A .I lol
|

Especially eHealthy
Sooo...ONi has never watched any .einstein and can say 2 words disciminatly(sp?).

She also points out "eye, nose, & mouth" on her and any other object with eyes, nose, & mouth! lol
Also, if you sing paty cake, she claps her hands and rolls them whe it's timefor "roll em up roll em up"!

I don't think sitting my child in front of a tv is very healthy. ALthough it's supposed to involve parental avtivity, I doubt that happens.

Before .Christmas, I was alll about the leap frog that went with the .t.v and they could pres the buttons and change the object on the .t.v. But I'm gla I didn't.

Especially with all the addicitons to television, video games, etc.

I mean, I personally, wouldn't spend my money on it. Just sitting there and playing with your baba can teach him/her just as well as a dvd.

SArah
|

Extremely eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
jessesgirl wrote:

She has 3 baby einstein dvds and a couple have babies. I know she doesn't like them from experience. She gets aggravated after only about 10 minutes, if she watches regular tv like a talk show or espn she'll watch it for about 30 minutes.
|

Extremely eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
Emma2 wrote:
jessesgirl wrote:

She has 3 baby einstein dvds and a couple have babies. I know she doesn't like them from experience. She gets aggravated after only about 10 minutes, if she watches regular tv like a talk show or espn she'll watch it for about 30 minutes.

lol aggrvates her...its not for everyone i guess....
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
Sooo...ONi has never watched any .einstein and can say 2 words disciminatly(sp?).

She also points out "eye, nose, & mouth" on her and any other object with eyes, nose, & mouth! lol
Also, if you sing paty cake, she claps her hands and rolls them whe it's timefor "roll em up roll em up"!

I don't think sitting my child in front of a tv is very healthy. ALthough it's supposed to involve parental avtivity, I doubt that happens.

Before .Christmas, I was alll about the leap frog that went with the .t.v and they could pres the buttons and change the object on the .t.v. But I'm gla I didn't.

I mean, I personally, wouldn't spend my money on it. Just sitting there and playing with your baba can teach him/her just as well as a dvd.

SArah

i dont do it to "teach" him anything. i know that no amount of tv is good for young children. i do it when i am desperate to get a shower or something like that....to get a break once in a while since i have the baby myself all the time. i dont think that is so terrible, to want a break sometimes.
|

Especially eHealthy
Nataliachick7 wrote:

i dont do it to "teach" him anything. i know that no amount of tv is good for young children. i do it when i am desperate to get a shower or something like that....to get a break once in a while since i have the baby myself all the time. i dont think that is so terrible, to want a break sometimes.

I understand.

But there are women out there that will squat their babas in front of a tv more than the recommended time. Ya know?

I, personally, would never leave my baby in another room without myself or someone else. Ever. If the baby isn't in her bed sleeping, or in the bathrom with me, I won't shower.

I guess I'm just one of those people.

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
Nataliachick7 wrote:
babymajic0506 wrote:

SArah

ofcourse its not!! Mommies need time to themselves sometimes.
|

Extremely eHealthy
i dont agree with leaving them all day infront of the tv but there is nothing wrong with a 32 min video that is educational....they enjoy it....and i need some time to breath without him...
|
12 >>