Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Stomach Pains Cause By a Change In Eating Habits?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm 14 years old and of course I fallinto the pressure of looking skinny like all of the famous people. A few years ago I started changing my eating habits and sometimes I didn't eat at all. I never made myself throw up or anything like that though. But ever since then I have been having stomach problems. The symptoms include: sharp pain below the belly-button that can last for a few hours, gas, bloating, pain after eating, and loss of appetite. Is this caused by my change in diet?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2007
Depends on what you are eating. Are you eating a lot of veggies? These cause gas and bloating and can cause pain. Are you eating more wheat products? This causes allergic reaction and inflammation in the gut and can cause gas and bloating too. What about fruit? These can be acidic and upset the balance of flora in the gut leading to die off, gas and bloating too. A healthy balance of food is 60% fat, 30% protein and 10% carbs. This ensures that the acid/base balance is correct, you are getting all the essential amino acids and fatty acids that you need along with your vitamins and minerals and also the fats keep up your energy. The low amount of carbs should be in green dense veggies or red ones for their antioxidant properties and fibre. Stay away from flour, sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes, starchy veg, fruit (except blueberries and raspberries), cakes, crisps, sweets, trans fats, margarine and jams and honey. Add coconut oil to your diet daily to calm your digestive system and make sure your protein is from good quality meat and chicken (don't cut off the fat or skin). This should calm your system, level out your energy levels and blood sugars and you will feel better in no time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?