Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Jock Itch For a Long Long Time

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I have had jock itch for about 3-4 years , it just does not seem to go away, i have gone to atleast 3-4 doctors to no affect..

I get temperory relief using gold bond powder..

Anti bactirial , fungal , cortomazole creams , anti fungal pills all have been tried.
Any suggestion on getting rid of this..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 7th, 2007
does your crotch stink all the time too??

if so, might wanna check this out........

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic17746. html
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Experienced User
What have your doctor's prescribed and diagnosed? Perhaps you need to work with them and find a better diagnosis if previous ones haven't worked.

That said, there are many alternative products that seem to work better than some prescriptions.

Internally you could take Olive Leaf, Garlic, Oregano Oil, or Colloidal Silver to combat viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc.

Externally you could look into soaps made from Seabuckthorn Oil and East Cape Manuka Oil. You could also apply these oils in addition to using their soaps. Another possibility is a product called Tetrasil, which is great for killing all sorts of pathogens externally.

These things kill germs, but there are also beneficial bacteria. Bacteria that work with us in a symbiotic relationship. These bacteria are in our intestines and help us to digest, assimilate and use our nutrients. They also improve our immune system and keep bad pathogens in check. You can replenish these with a probiotic supplement.

These beneficial bacteria also live on our skin and again act to keep bad pathogens in check. You can kill all the germs you want, but it may actually be better instead to ensure you have beneficial bacteria. There are a few soaps available that contain probiotics, you'd have to google to find them. Or perhaps an external application of plain yogurt or kefir would work better. There are even studies suggesting that surgeons would be better off washing their hands with yogurt (or at least applying it after washing), than using anti-bacterial soaps.

Finally, many skin ailments are really just signs of internal problems. The liver acts to filter and clean our blood. When it cannot do it's job completely, the skin acts as another filter to remove toxins from our body. A dirty liver means dirty skin. So a cleaner diet, richer in fruits and veggies, cut out fried foods, hydrogenated oils, lower sugar, fat, etc. could help. You could also do a liver cleanse using herbs, or a liver flush, google that. Don't do a liver flush until you've prepared with a healthy diet for at least a few months or more. And even then, be sure to soften stones before so. A colon cleanse would also be prudent before a liver cleanse. Candida and Parasite cleanses would also be good for your colon and liver. Candida cleanse would probably especially beneficial for chronic skin problems. Talk to a naturopath about the possibilities.
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Experienced User
jock itch for a long long time.
i know this might sound crazy but as a young adult i had jock itch nonstop and after trying many things i came to the conclusion that i sweated to much down there (and i'm not a jock, no pun intended). i shared this problem with a male friend of the family and of all things he told me to try apple cider vinegar. lioke i said i know it sounds crazy but i'm 55 now and have never had jock rot since. go figure!
|

replied March 31st, 2013
Try Benadryl cream. Cured me after over ayear.
|
Quick Reply