I'm in a world of confusion and need some help. 12 days ago I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal with a new partner. We did use a condom, but I didn't get a chance to check the condom for damage afterwards. It is possible that it could have ripped because she put it on, she has long nails, and things got pretty rough.
7 days after we were done I noticed 2 small red bumps in the area just above the penis. Not on it, but the skin area between the penis and waistline. There were/are no other symptoms of any kind. No itching, burning, etc.
I saw a urologist 3 days after seeing the bumps who conducted a urine test and visual exam. The urine was negative (Bullet #1 dodged!), and he said the bumps, which now number 4, were Mollocsum Contagiosum. He said that it was probably not herpes and did not recommend a blood test, then he prescribed Condylox gel to get rid of the bumps.
After Googling MC, there were a lot of things that didn't jive. My bumps don't have craters and are a reddish color. No where was Condylox recommended even if it was MC. So I decided to get a 2nd opinion.
The 2nd urologist also conducted a urine test and a little more thorough physical exam. The urine came back clean - just double checking! He said that it wasn't MC but probably folliculitis or something along those lines, perhaps caused by rough sex and agitated by my active lifestyle. I've never had bumps/folliculitis like this before, so I find it hard to believe that pure coincidence would make something like this appear 7 days after intercourse. He said it wasn't contagious - a far cry from the highly contagious MC.
He said it most likely wasn't herpes because that usually shows up on one side of the area above the genitalia and not directly over it. He advised that I discontine the Condylox. I told him that I preferred to do a blood test if there was any question that it could be herpes and he obliged. Results due back in a week.
Here are my concerns:
1) Should I continue the Condylox just to be safe?
2) Does it sound like herpes or something more serious?
3) What does the urine test eliminate? Chlamydia? Gonorrhea? I can't find a clear answer on this anywhere.
4) Should I discontinue intercourse of any kind until the condition goes away? If it does go away, am I still contagious as a carrier of whatever the heck it is? This is the one that concerns me most.
5) How long do I have to wait to do a blood test for HIV? Would these be possible symptoms of HIV? How long do HIV symptoms start to appear?