Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Painful Lump In Both Armpits

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Okay so for awhile now i have had little, moderately painful lumps in my armpit... before they would come and go in a matter of days... but recently i have a lump in my right armpit that is the size of golfball! and extremely painful almost to the point where i couldnt move my arm. I stopped using deoderant and still it was gettin bigger. then a few days later a lump progressivly got larger on my left amrpit at first wit no pain an then these past two days has become increasingly sore. I also feel a lump in my groin area (inner thigh) it has no pain but a medium size lump. for the past week IBProfeen (spelling is BUTCHERED) has really helped with the pain but my sister who is studying to be a Physicians Assistant says that it could either be something really bad or nothing? so pleeeease help

I am a 22 year old male who recentley graduated from college so needless to say i dont have health insurance and i reallllly dont want to go to a doctor or ER in fear that it might be costly to myself or parents.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
CB1209; I wasn't concern about the things that you were telling me until I read that the lump has started to appear in your thigh. The areas that you describe are the area of the lymphnodes. The lymphnodes are basically the "dumping ground" for the Lymphatic system. The lymphatic system has three interrelated functions: (1) removal of excess fluids from body tissues, (2) absorption of fatty acids and subsequent transport of fat, chyle, to the circulatory system and, (3) production of immune cells (such as lymphocytes, monocytes, and antibody producing cells called plasma cells). When testing for the spread or the presence of cancer the doctors usually will biopsy some lymphnodes. Lymphnodes can become enlarged for several reasons. One being cancer, and others of other diseases and even cysts. I strongly urge you to seek medical attention. it could be nothing but it could be something that you might need further treatment for. I will pose a question to you; What is your life worth? I'm sure you would spend a little money to have a piece of mind knowing that these lumps are cysts or something other that cancer. But you will never know until you have the lumps investigated. I hope I haven't scared or confused you with this lengthy reply. I just want you to understand that this could be something that needs medical attention. Take care of yourself, we only get one go-round in life.
|

replied March 11th, 2012
lumps under armpits
Hi I'm a 28 year. Old male I have painful lumps appear under my arm pits or arm pit they last for several days then they dissapear then they come back any idea what it could be
|