Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Cereal

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Ava just had her first meal of rice cereal. I fixed her a normal bottle, but took out the amount of formula its said on the box for "first feeding" and mixed it with the cereal. She tried to suck the spoon, but it went well. She liked it and then drank her whole bottle to wash it down. She was so cute. I'll post pictures later. I'm new at this, do I feed her only one meal of it a day??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Aww that's so sweet! I started .Kaylee off only once a day then slowly step it up. Now she eats her cereal 3 times a day for breakfast lunch then dinner.. Good luck!!

.Michelle
|

Extremely eHealthy
How much and does she take a bottle with it too?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I started out with only a tablespoon once a day but now Kaylee gets 2 tablespoons 3 times a day. Then I put a tablespoon in every 5 oz of formula.

.Michelle

Every baby is different though so just start off with little amounts & very slowly (like every week or so) bump it up to a little more.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
No problem, I was on here asking the same exact questions not too long ago!!

.Michelle
|

Especially eHealthy
Awww!!!! Go .ava!!!! You're a big girl now!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the pics!!!

Oni, now gets, 4 scoops(the scooper that comes with powdered formula) of cereal. 2 with veggies & 2 with fruit. And then a 6oz bottle.

She eats 3 times a day. And then she gets her night time bottle.

Once she gets older and you start her on the foods, mix it with the cereal. It saves *loads* of money on jar food!!

I also buy the sotre brand big jars of applesauce. It's only 97 cents.

SArah
|

Especially eHealthy
aww, what a big girl! she didn't make yucky faces?

i was going to wait until 5 months but now i might actually hold off until 6. finn's doing well with his formula and doesn't seem to need food yet. i can't wait to give it to him though!

can't wait to see new pics!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Alyvia looooooves cereal. Loves it! She sees it coming and opens her mouth sooooo wide, and then she makes yummy noises while she "chews" (opens and closes her mouth and smacks, but I think she's mimicing us Laughing). But she really hates veggies and fruits by themselves. I have to mix them with her cereal to get her to eat them at all. I'm trying to wean her from that now though - I offer her straight fruit/veggie before mixing it with her cereal. I want her to get a few spoonfuls so she can get used to the flavor. Stubborn little one... Neutral
|

Especially eHealthy
If you have to mix it to get her to eat it, that's totally fine!!! As she grows she'll eat more, and you'll be thankfull that she eats it mixed!!

Oni would eat 6/7 jars per day if I didn't mix em. Now she eats 1 jar of baby food, and I buy those huge jars of applesauce!

I've saved sooooo much money by mixing them!!! The fruits and veggies are prob waaay bold for her lil taste buds!!!

SArah
|

Extremely eHealthy
No, she didn't make any yucky faces. She would start to fuss if I took too long to give her another spoonful. She'd stop swallowing and smile. I think she really liked it.
So Sarah, you just mix the cereal with the veggies/fruits, with no formula or anything, just the cereal and veggies/fruits.
When it gets to that point, how do I know how much to feed her of the baby food? I'm so confused when it comes to that. A bottle every 3 hours was so simple.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I used to pump my breasts and mix .alyvia's cereal that way. But my boobs are pump-shy, and it would take a half hour or more to get an ounce of milk. So I started making it with water, and she's perfectly happy. Once the cereal's mixed, I add in a few spoonfuls of veggies or fruit.

I know you didn't ask me, but there you go Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks.
Off topic:
My breast responded well to the pump. It was like a contest each time to see how much I could produce in 15 minutes.
My record was about 5 ounces.
|

Extremely eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
Thanks.
Off topic:
My breast responded well to the pump. It was like a contest each time to see how much I could produce in 15 minutes.
My record was about 5 ounces.

Shocked oh my god, 5 oz in 15 mins??????? it would take me 45 mins to pump 4 oz......wow Shocked then it took me 2 days to dry up....i couldnt' even pump 1 oz by day two....but my breasts hurt like hell.
|

Extremely eHealthy
It would squirt out like crazy. I was still leaking 8 weeks after I stopped breastfeeding.
|
Quick Reply