Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Vaginal Ulcer.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This is really embarassing but yesterday whilst in the shower I knocked myself and it really hurt. I had a look and I had an ulcer looking thing on the inside on my outer labia. It didn't really hurt afterwards unless I knocked it somehow. Now tonight there's a few more smaller ones around it.

I'm really worried about what it could be. I searched online and it told me it could be herpes. But there's no tingling or real pain?

I've told my boyfriend but he said he doesn't think it's that because i'd be in real agony plus he would have noticed something on him by now (we've been together for 4 months now).

Has anyone else ever experienced anything liket this before or have an ideas what it could be?

Obviously i'm gonna ring my doctor tomorrow and book an appointment but right now i'm really worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Vaginal Ulcer.
angelic wrote:
this is really embarassing but yesterday whilst in the shower I knocked myself and it really hurt. I had a look and I had an ulcer looking thing on the inside on my outer labia. It didn't really hurt afterwards unless I knocked it somehow. Now tonight there's a few more smaller ones around it.

I'm really worried about what it could be. I searched online and it told me it could be herpes. But there's no tingling or real pain?

I've told my boyfriend but he said he doesn't think it's that because i'd be in real agony plus he would have noticed something on him by now (we've been together for 4 months now).

Has anyone else ever experienced anything liket this before or have an ideas what it could be?

Obviously i'm gonna ring my doctor tomorrow and book an appointment but right now i'm really worried.

there are many things it could be, herpes being one of them, a general infection being another. As for your boyfriend manifsting symptoms, if it was herpes, he may stay dormant for years. Outbreaks come and go sometimes weeks apart, sometimes motnhs, or years.

See what your doctor says, and don't worry too much Smile whatever it is, it's very very unlikely to be lethal or cause infertility. You may just need some medicine and be just fine Smile

if you'd like more information, you can use the "as a doctor!" button when one is online.
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Your boyfriend may have had herpes and had an outbreak before. Seeing since you've only been with him for 4 months you never know what had happened before you were together. I know he may tell you he never has, but admitting you gave someone herpes I can imagine would be quite hard to do. I am not saying he's lying, but it's very possible. Also, you can spread herpes without even having an outbreak and some people don't realize they have herpes because it can lie dormant for so long.
|