Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Fatigue In 2nd Trimester

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
It hit me a few days ago. All I want to do is sleep. When I take a nap, I immediately start dreaming. I usually only take 20 minute naps. This excessive fatigue is horrible. I was never tired like this with nathan, especially during the 2nd trimester. I read that the 2nd trimester you should be with energy. I see the doctor in about a week and a half and will mention it to her. This stinks.

Anyone else got extreme fatigue during their 2nd trimester? I feel the type of fatigue one usually gets during the first. What can I do to beat this fatigue? I can't really exercise per doctor's orders.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Fatigue In 2nd Trimester
ladylee70 wrote:
it hit me a few days ago. All I want to do is sleep. When I take a nap, I immediately start dreaming. I usually only take 20 minute naps. This excessive fatigue is horrible. I was never tired like this with nathan, especially during the 2nd trimester. I read that the 2nd trimester you should be with energy. I see the doctor in about a week and a half and will mention it to her. This stinks.

Anyone else got extreme fatigue during their 2nd trimester? I feel the type of fatigue one usually gets during the first. What can I do to beat this fatigue? I can't really exercise per doctor's orders.

i had fatigue through my first two trimesters. I was always tired and could literally fall asleep in a second. I got plenty of exercise in from all the running around that I had to do plus I actually did do a little exercise. Nothing helped. It did go away on it's own. Unfortunately though I was no longer exhausted, I was still tired all the time. Sad
|

User Profile
Supporter
It might be caused from boredom, I kno when shawn was at work and I was home alone all day I slept alot cuz I had nothing else to do
|

Extremely eHealthy
You probably are not getting restful sleep. I'm no sleep expert, as i've suffered from insomnia for years, but I have heard when you are dreaming you are not in the stage of sleep that promotes rest. I'm sure worrying about the baby, it's health, etc is stressful and that could be why.

I'd say boredom would be a good cause too. You've always been active and doing things out of the house, and now you are more sedendary.

Good luck at any rate

~cindy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Dont feel too bad, those things they say are just guidelines, not everything happens to everyone, ive been really tired teh whole time so far (im 27 weeks on tuesday) and it doesnt seem like its gonna ease up until shes 18, but I think its partly because I dont get enough sleep anyway, not that I dont try, go to bed around 9 or 10 get to sleep around 12ish wake up about every hour then get up at 7 or 8 depending on the day, weekends I get up at 9ish

ive known a lot of people who say they were really tired the whole time, its not that unusual, but id still ask your doc, just to be on eht safe side

~alicia~
|

Experienced User
I have stayed fatigued through most of my pregnancy and I am right at 35 weeks. I had crazy dreams to and getting up to pee all the time kept me from getting a good night sleep. My midwife found out that I am border line anemic and she said thats why I have stayed so tired, she says it happens to a lot pf pregnant women. Anyway, I hope ya get some more energy and to feeling better, good luck at the Dr.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Part of it is probably boredom.

I was actually dx with having a sleep disorder about three years ago, when my son was an infant. Since then I have been through three sleep studies. It is probably rearing its ugly head again. Mommy35 is right. When I have too much rem, I skip the stages of sleep that rejuvinate my body - stage 3 and 4. I basically lack that. Now I have fibromyalgia symptoms again. I have been waking up very sore. I feel like I am 80 years old. I thought that my lack of stage 3 and 4 was the result of medication. Now I am not on medication and I still have the problem. Wonderful. The fibro symptoms are horrible this morning. If I am having this many problems now being 32 years old, what in the heck am I going to be like in 20 years??? Will I be in a nursing home? Suck.

I will still mention it to my doctor. I just read on line that anemia starts to show up during the second trimester. Since I have blood clots, perhaps I do have anemia. I am just playing one big guessing game right now.
I was never tired during the first trimester, not even a little. If I were, the fatigue would not have been so strange.

Thanks all for your support. Being sedentary is very boring. I wish the doc would at least let me ride a bicycle. Perhaps that would help with energy.
|