Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pid, Infertility, How Do You Know If You Have Had It???

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi everyone, I have asked many questions, because of my fear of possibly being infertile.
Well I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if pid, could be syptomless???
Also, if it could have been syptomless, how can you know you had it??
Can you demand to be tested for it??? At a planned parenthood clinic????
Or does pid stay in your system until it is treated with antibiotics???
Same for std's like chlamydia or gohnorreah which could lead to pid, and cause infertility. Do they stay in your system until you get them treated??? Therefore showing up on tests until they get treated, even if you have had them for 10 years.
I really appreciate any comments. Thank you and god bless.
Jessika
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Pid, Infertility, How Do You Know If You Have Had It???
faithhope777 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have asked many questions, because of my fear of possibly being infertile.

Well I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if pid, could be syptomless???

Also, if it could have been syptomless, how can you know you had it??

Can you demand to be tested for it??? At a planned parenthood clinic????

Or does pid stay in your system until it is treated with antibiotics???

Same for std's like chlamydia or gohnorreah which could lead to pid, and cause infertility. Do they stay in your system until you get them treated??? Therefore showing up on tests until they get treated, even if you have had them for 10 years.
I really appreciate any comments. Thank you and god bless.

Jessika

If you have no symptoms, then the only way to know you hve pid is to get tested. For any of these stds, you need to get tested. If you're worried you have any of these diseases, you need a comprehensive test for all of them!

You don't have to "demand", you just ask nicely Smile

if you'd like more information, you can use the "ask a doctor!" button up top when one is online.
|

replied June 9th, 2009
PID is very difficult to diagnose. Apparently its an accumulation of symptoms and the only test which diagnoses it is a Laparoscopy, may of spelt this wrong. I am currently concerned I have it. Chlamydia and Gonnoreah can cause PID and you can be STD tested for these. I had an IUD inserted two weeks ago and have developed lower abdo pain and pain on sex. I dont have any STD's as I was negative for them before insertion of the IUD. I have seen two doctors and one said I have PID and the other says I dont. I am on antibiotics ordered from the first doctor and will finish them but am still worried I may become infertile. Who do you believe when two doctors tell you completelt different answers ?
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
i am not sure wht to look for can someone help ?
|