Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

After Hysterectomy

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Having sex after a hysterectomy, where does the sperm go if there's no longer a womb there?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It still goes in the vagina as usual, there just isn't anywhere farther than that for it to go to cause a pregnancy.
|

replied February 17th, 2007
After Hysterectomy
Rolling Eyes sorry if this sounds nasty, it's obvious there'll b no pregnancy after a hysterectomy...That's not wot I asked!! Where do u think the vagina leads to when the womb is taken away?
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: After Hysterectomy
wy_wurry wrote:
Rolling Eyes sorry if this sounds nasty, it's obvious there'll b no pregnancy after a hysterectomy...That's not wot I asked!! Where do u think the vagina leads to when the womb is taken away?

it does not lead anywhere. The cervix, if it remains, is sealed off so that there is no opening into your body; that would be bad, and could lead to infections. If the cervix is removed as well, then the top of the vagina is stitched closed, serving the same purpose of prevening an open passage into the body from the outside world. The sperm simply goes into the vagina, and then comes out when you clean up afterwards.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: After Hysterectomy
wy_wurry wrote:

sorry, but I thought it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't lead anywhere. It's not like the doctor is going to take the womb away and put a new organ in its place. There will just be nothing there. It doesn't lead anywhere. It will be closed off.
|

Eiri
Thank you very much for a concise explanation.
Very much appreciated. :d
|

Llewllyn
No it wasn't obvious...N no I didn't think there'd b a new organ put in it's place...But ur reply made no sense at all.....

All I wanted was a straight answer, not a sarcastic one thank you
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Eiri
wy_wurry wrote:
thank you very much for a concise explanation.

Very much appreciated. :d

you're welcome Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Llewllyn
Wy_Wurry wrote:
No it wasn't obvious...N no I didn't think there'd b a new organ put in it's place...But ur reply made no sense at all.....

All I wanted was a straight answer, not a sarcastic one thank you

If you do not understand something that I say you are more than welcome to ask me to explain it in different words. However, if you roll your eyes at me and act like I am stupid, I think that is uncalled for and inappropriate, so I cannot promise to give an answer that isn't sarcastic in that situation.

If you plan on using forums in the future, people might not always explain things in a way that makes you understand it right away. That's to be expected. You can't get angry at people who are trying to answer your question just because you failed to understand.
|

replied February 22nd, 2007
Arrogance
You are right I did NOT understand what you said
...'it still goes into the vagina as usual,there just isn't anywhere farther than that for it to go.......'
So what? It stays there? Festering? Or is absorbed by the body?Or perhaps floats around in the abdominal cavity somewhere?
And ofcourse I'm THAT stupid I think you can still get pregnant!Or that a nice surgeon might replace it with another organ just to keep things nice and neat!
Yet you accuse ME of rolling my eyes at you as if you were stupid!!....Well if tha cap fits......

I use quite a few forums and obviously some people do not always explain things 'that makes me understand it right away',but ay least they don't talk to me as if i were a half wit.
And yes i CAN get angry when some people, like yourself, assume they are talking to retards and should just understand what you've decided to tell them whether it makes sense or not, because after all they are not up to your standard of intelligence.
It took you to the end of your second post to reveal the passage is closed off,(pertaining to my original question i believe),whereas an intelligent and courteous member of the advanced support team explained concisely in her first sentence.
Spot the difference!
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There's nothing wrong with not understanding. My point is that you could easily say, "I don't know what you mean," as opposed to getting snippy. I would have gladly explained it in different words or more in depth if you asked.
|

replied February 23rd, 2007
There's the arrogance again!!
I KNOW there is nothing wrong with not understanding!
My point is i DID ask!!
The fact that you didn't answer it just reinforces my belief that you couldn't and you proved that by just agreeing with an expert who was intelligent enough to answer correctly.
You are so arrogant i wouldn't be surprised if you thought common sense was a cheap purfume.
Look, please don't reply to my space on this forum again, you are wasting my time.
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
I think a proper interpretation of her response would be condescending. The response was meant to be almost dishonest. It was as if it were getting a plumbing response when your question seem to be inquiring about a quality of life issue as it relates to one's ability to be able to enjoy sexual intercourse post operation. It might just be that the respondent is unable for whatever reason to provide the quality response that you seek.
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
I think a proper interpretation of her response would be condescending. The response was meant to be almost dishonest. It was as if it were getting a plumbing response when your question seem to be inquiring about a quality of life issue as it relates to one's ability to be able to enjoy sexual intercourse post operation. It might just be that the respondent is unable for whatever reason to provide the quality response that you seek.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If at any time you think this is a waste of time please feel free to stop reading or replying.

This is not a place for your petty insults. If that is what you are into, there are many forums geared towards children which may be more to your liking.
|

If you do not understand something that i say you are more than welcome to ask me to explain it in different words.
People might not always explain things in a way that makes you understand it right away.
Therefore,let me try,yet again,to clarify it for you.
I do not think this is a waste of time.
What i said was, YOU are wasting My time....there is a difference there.

You should also remember 'this is not a place for your petty insults'(which,i believe, if you read your posts correctly,you embarked on initially.)

I'm afraid i refuse to massage your overblown ego any further, although there are many forums geared towards that,which may be more to your liking.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
Looking for a real answer to a valid question. what was this?
Wow. I have never before been so glad that someone can longer have children. Darwin be praised. I read the preceeding thread.......and WOW!!!!! You had a very mal-phrased question athat someone was polite enough to try and answer. then you took it to a level that was way out of line. And inventing an alter ego..... Again...FAAAAANTASTIC!!! you didn't even have any real friends to jump on and defend you. How I love that stupid people are still allowed to function in society.
|

replied February 11th, 2011
Where does sperm go after supracervical hysterectomy?
If you had a supracervical hysterectomy, then the cervix is not sutured. After surgery the cervix will have a pin sized opening that would lead into an open area - between the surrounding organs. Any sperm that gets that far will die and be absorbed by the body.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
AFTER HYSTERECTOMY
CAN WOMEN STILL HAVE WETNESS FROM FOR PLAY AFTER HAVING A TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY
|

replied April 29th, 2012
AFTER HYSTERECTOMY
CAN WOMEN STILL HAVE WETNESS FROM FOR PLAY AFTER HAVING A TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY
|