Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

How Often Does the Cheaters Relationship Work Out

Once a couple breaks up, does the one who cheated regret it? Does he/she normally stay in the relationship that caused the break up? How does that affect the children?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Very board questions there. First off most humans will regret cheating...But I say "most"...Not everyone. Also it really depends on their motives for cheating. I would say that most people who "cheat" on someone they are in a relationship tend to either mend the relationship or they just get skrewd both ways...No pun.

As for children...It all depends on age and how aware they are of whats going on in their parrents life. I mean givin the age of the kid parrents still need privacy with there personal lifes.

All in all cheating is disgusting and I will say this every time I hear about it. ^_^
|

replied February 18th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
From my own personal experience, my husband regretted cheating on me, and we did stay together, though it was not easy at first. It takes a long time to gain trust back, and it can only be done when the cheating party shows their partner that they are truly sorry. It is terrible for the kids, unless you try to keep as much from them as you can. They will take it through their lives. Some will learn from it, and some will be scarred. For example, my son, who was the eldest when the affair occurred, never married because "i never want to be hurt like you were." so there are reprocussions on the whole family when someone cheats. I just wish the cheaters would stop and think about the devastation they cause to not only their family, but their extended families as well. I can tell you, it's alot harder to forgive and take them back than it is to divorced, but it's worth the effort if you both want it.
|

replied February 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: How Often Does the Cheaters Relationship Work Out
paullois wrote:
once a couple breaks up, does the one who cheated regret it? Does he/she normally stay in the relationship that caused the break up? How does that affect the children?

humm.... To be honest...I think it would be harder staying together. You will always be paraoid.. I would be- of what he is doing or up to. When people cheat... They know it's wrong. What's amazing, is that they have no conscience when they do it...Because they go through with it anyways. I have to ask, where is your sense of pride? No one diserves that type of treatement...Period.

It has to affect the childern. Believe it or not, they can detect negativity more than one would think. Even if you try to to "mask" the problem..They can pick up on things you think they wouldn't. Don't under estimate them! It could be as simple as not hugging/kissing your hubby before he leaves for work. Or your tone with him.

I would promote a positive environment.. And if that means divorce..Then so be it. I've been cheated on.. And it hurts. It made me very leery and feel not good enough, despite the effort on the ex's behalf to try to prove to me it could be fixed. Some things can't.

Best of luck - -=red=-
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2009
Supporter
my ex claims he never cheated on me but i beg the differ. in the end of our relationship he was interested in another women. with his strong attraction to her and him being nasty to me, telling me he wanted out.
i left him and he magically was in love with me again. the women he wanted so bad treated him like crap and broke up with him, complained about how he doesnt know how to have sex right.

our sex life was great, and he thinks about the things he lost when he was with me.

so i believe the person only regret it if they have a bad experience or ending with the person they're cheated with.

my child was not his, thank God. and my son wanted whatever i wanted so he was okay. but i felt bad for not giving him a stable life. my son seen me miserable with my ex for five years.

i dont agree with forgiving a cheater. i believe once he cheated he'll cheat again. and even if he doesnt, it takes a while to build that trust, and the hurt stays with you. you have to be totally forgiving and committed to deal with that.
|
Tags: affect
Quick Reply