Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

What to Do When U Feel Alone?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi I am going on 17 in 24 days now ive been on my own since I turned 16 years old, I was thrown out of my home and abandoned by my family. My big brother wants to move back here with me but hes been saying that for the last couple months so I think hes just full of empty promises my mom only calls when she needs something, I havent seen them for atleast a year and a half now I cant take my mind off it and I keep getting depressed I dont no what to do to take my mind off it so if can help me please your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper seacret
|

replied February 14th, 2007
First of all, it's always going to hurt. It's never going to stop huting so if your looking for a quick fix to make the pain go away, it doesn't exist. However, filling your day with activities will help you keep your mind off it more so then you are now.

I can't tell you what to do, because I don't know what things are available too you, but I bowl on the weekends, I try to spend as much time in social situations as I can, go to a friends house and hang out instead of sitting at your place alone. If you can't find a friend, go too diner or something, order a cup of coffee, or just take a walk. Play some basketball, lift weights. And also remember that everytime your out in the world you are creating new social oppurtunities for yourself, you may or may not realize this but its true. Always try to be your best when your out in public around people you don't know, and you'll probably make a lot of friends.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Whats up gilgamesh. Im really sorry to hear about your situation...It really saddens me. I dont understand why your parrents kicked you out at such a young age? This is a big deal being your age and if possible id like to know some more information on it.

Also what happy said is right on. Being active really is the best thing to do to fight depression.
|

replied January 14th, 2009
everything always happens for a reason. Sorry to hear about your issues hope have u tried telling your brother about how you feel and just come out and tell him if he is wanting to then go ahead if not then fine. its going to hurt but with time it heals and what doesn't kill you will make you stronger
|

replied January 14th, 2009
hey there just keep smiling and do things that will make u happy i find sometimes just getting dressed up and going to the shops makes u feel alot better also the biggest mistake is letting these people in your life create ur happiness cause they will fail u only u can do that and as u start doing things for u these other peoples problems wont drag u down so much stop being there for all them be there for yourself trust me it works take care hope you feel better soon
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Experienced User
you can distract yourself by playing video games or chatting on forums , etc. and possibly get a job e.g 2 days a week or so?
|