Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Bumps On Front of Pelvic Area?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I have a couple bumps on the front of my pelvic area, I have had these on and off for a few years and some seem not to go away. I had once asked my doctor and she flippantly said it was an infected hair follicle. But sometimes they get big and painful, and pop....Kind of gross. They are only on the front not down below. Anyone had this experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2007
I think your doctor is right...Sounds like infected follicles to me.
I've a couple of those before...especially if you shave they are common.

If you're really worried though, you may want to get a second opinion, but in my opinion, it doesn't sound like herpes or genital warts, but I am no doctor.

In my knowledge it does sound like infected hair follicles, kinda like boils.
|
Did you find this post helpful?