Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Feels Like Somethings Stuck In Throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Every month or two I feel like something is stuck in my throat for a few days. Does anyone know what this might be? I also get frequent headaches (it seems on sundays) with a low body temperature. I also have a mild pain in my left ear at times. Please help, if anyone has any comments.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kateyjn
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Sinuses
I know exactly what you're talking about. I usually call it the "pebble in my throat feeling." whenever I have that it means i'm about to get a head cold, usually due to my sinuses. I think that feeling of having something in your throat is really your inflamed sinuses. I might be totally off, but i'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about. Your headache is probably due to your sinuses...Is it around your eyes and nose? The earache too. Does it feel like your whole face is congested and stopped up? I have this all the time. In fact, I have the ear thing right now and pebbles in my throat and a headache. Great. Let me know if you find a cure or something. I'll let you know if I do too.

Katey
|

replied March 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Do you get heart-burn or an upset stomach frequently? I know that the "lump-in-the-throat" thing can also be related to acid reflux.
|

replied June 19th, 2009
problems swallowing
When I swallow something hard and small like a pill or something it feels like it's stuck in the back of my throat and it takes a lot of water and swallowing to get it down. Anyone know what this could be??? Thanks!!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh