Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Birthing Classes

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Did you take them??
Did it help?
I dont think that im going to take them at all but I want to know experiences from people that have and havent
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2007
Supporter
I never took them, when I got to the hospital they asked if I did and I said no, they said good.. I guess its easier to coach some1 when they havnt had any1 else telling them to do things differntly
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I didn't take any. I'm due in a few weeks. My doctor told me not to waste my time or money (you have to pay like $50 to take them here!). Because the nurses will coach you through it, & your body knows what to do, anyway. This is what our bodies are designed for. The baby is coming out whether you took a class or not!
|

replied February 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I didnt' take any.....But then again I was having a section anyway.
|

Experienced User
I didn't take them, but I read a lot of books, the nurses do help you and tell you exactly what you need to do
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hehe all ya gotta do is watcha baby story lol . I never took classes but the nurses thought I had with joseph cuz I did so good but I like was obsessed with watching all those baby shows where they give birth lol. I wouldnt waste my money .
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
tinkinpink84 wrote:
hehe all ya gotta do is watcha baby story lol . I never took classes but the nurses thought I had with joseph cuz I did so good but I like was obsessed with watching all those baby shows where they give birth lol. I wouldnt waste my money .

.Lol, I watch .A .Baby .Story & .Bringing .Home .Baby every single day. Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
I didn't take any classes or watch anything....But maybe I should have because I ended up having a c-section. Personally I think they gave me too much of the epidural because I couldn't even hold my legs up...But I felt like I was pushing wrong too (well I couldn't tell if I was even pushing) but the doctor said she was too big anyways and she went back up
|

Experienced User
I took a hypnobirthing class I loved it
|

It doesnt cost anything here to take them but I just feel like its kinda a waste of time in a way .. And that when your in that much pain what you learn kinda all goes away ( im doin it all natural ) so no painkillers for me .. I might regret that Shocked but my dr is convinced that I should take classes and all that fun stuff .. And brestfeeding classes and im not even brest feeding... Which I got a huge lecture on from her as well
|

Especially eHealthy
I didn't take any classes but it didn't matter because I didn't progress past 2cm and I ended up with a c-section.

I had the worst nurse ever, I was having the worst contractions but they weren't being picked up by the monitor and I was crying and in pain and she kept saying "didn't you take any classes?! You're not even in labor! I can't believe you never took any classes!". Then they hooked me up to the internal monitors and she was like "oh wow, your contractions are coming fast and hard, one on top of the other". Um, yeah. No kidding, douchebag.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i didn't take any classes but it didn't matter because I didn't progress past 2cm and I ended up with a c-section.

I had the worst nurse ever, I was having the worst contractions but they weren't being picked up by the monitor and I was crying and in pain and she kept saying "didn't you take any classes?! You're not even in labor! I can't believe you never took any classes!". Then they hooked me up to the internal monitors and she was like "oh wow, your contractions are coming fast and hard, one on top of the other". Um, yeah. No kidding, douchebag.

omg I woulda punched her out and made her leave the room lmao what a rude rude nurse
|

Especially eHealthy
tinkinpink84 wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i didn't take any classes but it didn't matter because I didn't progress past 2cm and I ended up with a c-section.

omg I woulda punched her out and made her leave the room lmao what a rude rude nurse

my labor and birth experience was pretty traumatic so i've put it behind me and I don't think about it often. But I really should've requested a new nurse, she did a lot more than that and it didn't help me at all. I wasn't really thinking at the time and in that position I didn't want to get on anybody's bad side. Stupid, I know.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply