Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Help to Pop Ears

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Does anyone know of a way to 'pop' my ears? I've got a double ear infection and they've been plugged for a few days. My right one *might* be normal now, but at least one of them is still plugged...Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Pop your ears because you cant hear? Try seeing your gp, if it wax that is the casue he can use a syringe with warm water and flush out all the wax and debri that is stuck in your ear. And believe me, there can be a whole lot of stuff in there, and you can hear 100 times better after it Wink
|

replied February 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
matt182 wrote:
pop your ears because you cant hear? Try seeing your gp, if it wax that is the casue he can use a syringe with warm water and flush out all the wax and debri that is stuck in your ear. And believe me, there can be a whole lot of stuff in there, and you can hear 100 times better after it Wink

yes, I want them to pop because I can't hear and it's very annoying!! Could wax be the cause of them not popping? I'm very careful with my ears, but as you said a bunch of stuff could be in there lol. Thanks for the tip.
|

Deep breath in hold your nose close your mouth and try to breath out through your nose, some times this makes things feel worse so go steady but I don't think it will do any harm if it hurts stop don't be tempted to use over the counter ear drops . With luv.
|

Experienced User
Oh ok so it is the case. Popping your ears isnt really going to do anything, because popping your ears doesnt get anything out does it :d but yeh see a gp, he'll be able to flush out your ear, or at least have a proper look at it. Tell me how it goes Shocked
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well last wednesday I was diagnosed with a double ear infection. That morning when I woke up my left ear seemed as if it was muffled, or plugged....Then early afternoon by the time I got to the doctor, my other ear was the same way, and they've been that way ever since. Could it be due from ear wax? I've been looking at those ear wax candles, but not sure. I see a lot of good things about them, but I also see the few people that don't recommend them.
|
Quick Reply