Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Unknown Bites (pictures Included) Help Please!

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Shocked eek! Ok, so these "things" keep biting me and they itch! I have narrowed it down to dust mites, and the reason being is cause I have not dusted my room in like 6 months. I'm a college student so I don't have time to. These bites come and go. Sometimes there will be up to 5-7 bites and some only 2-3, they happen mostly on my arms and legs....(for now) the bites dont last more than an hour..Meaning they stop itching and you cant see them anymore. I have good hygiene and bathe every morning/night so i'm a pretty clean person...And these bites came out of nowhere. I never see anything nore do I even feel when they bite....Just itching then red/white welts...They also mostly only happen when i'm on my bed, i've washed my sheets and pillow cases like 50 times! ... I think they are microscopic (dust mites) but I do not know for sure. I'm so scared and dont want people getting them when they come to my room! Here are some pics...Both pics are of my left fore arm. Thanks for any replies!!! Exclamation

by the way, these also look like when I get bit by a mosquito, but there are none here cause of the cold I think..But I do not see any mosquitos anywhere..

Pics: http://dm5496.50webs.Com/
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2008
Bites
Could be bedbugs. Check the mattress and boxspring for any dark staining primarily around the piping. Also look on the frame for any bugs.
|

replied June 12th, 2008
Bites
If you have the time, go through everything and clean it, you might find something. Those look similar to bites I get, they might possably be spider bites. Bedbugs tend to get somewhere from 20-100 bites per day and dont go away in an hour but you should check that anyway.
|

replied June 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
it looks like a mosquito bite to me...especially if it itches...check around for a mosquito floatin somewhere in your room!
|

replied August 27th, 2009
what could these bites on my bed be?
I just had this happen to me last night. I took a nap and woke up with about 5 mosquito look alike bites, they itch a lot but went away within an hour. They completely disappeared. I went to bed six hours later woke up in the middle of the night to itching all over my back, front and face. I took a shower again, washed all my sheets and bedding and went to sleep in another bed. I woke without any bumps. It's definitely not a mosquito or bedbug bite because it doesn't last long. what could it be?
|

replied January 25th, 2010
WIsh I could say I knew. But, what I can say, is that I've been to my derm about 5-6 times now for this exact problem. He said he doesn't think that it's anything contagious, not that I believe him. Reason being, is that this all started when I went to someone's apartment, and then contracted this condition. I don't know, but I get very occasional bites now, looking just like yours, and I feel a crawling constantly on my skin.

I know it's not any consolation, but you're not alone!

I know one thing, it's NOT mosquitoes or bedbugs. It's cold right now, and I'm feeling the same sensation all over.

The sadder part, is the fact that I've had this for almost 4 years. I've tried lotions, shampoos, etc. to no avail.

Anyone that can help, I'd greatly appreciate it just as much!
|

replied April 26th, 2010
I went camping with my boyfriend and i noticed 2 bites on my ankles so i ignored it thinking it was just a mosquito bite but i go to sleep wake up and i have bites on my hands and arms and behind my ears and on my neck my boyfriend is COVERED in bites all down his arms and legs so we threw out everything we took camping came to visit his mom and were still getting bit and dont have anything we own in his moms house everything stays in the car could it be chiggers?? ANY IDEAS PLEASE HELP THE ITCHY People
|

replied August 21st, 2011
insect bites
Poison Ivy??????
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Bites
We call them "noseeums"...another name for Chiggers.
|

replied September 30th, 2011
my 1 yr old daughter sleeps in bed with me the last 2 mornings she woke up she had like 15 little mosquito looking bites but they go away in an hour. i dont get them and either does my husband.i tore my bed up looking for what it could be and there was nothing!!!someone please tell me something that could help.
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
wow this is so strange...my 10 month old sleeps with us and he is geeing bit...12 little look alike mosquito bites...did you ever findout what it was
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Hay,

I have been fighting the same type of bites. I thought at first it might be bed bugs but had my house checked and it was not. Know I think it was some type of mites or scabies...So I started researching just like everyone else. I came across (Tea Tree Oil). I am very skeptical about everything I do not know about, but since the bites kept coming and I did not want or have the money to go see the doctor, I tried it. It's not too expensive and it works! I read a post were someone said to take a bath and put about 20 drops in the bath and bath for 20 minutes or so. I did this the first time. It was good, but not strong enough for me. I did some more research and read that Tea Tree Oil is one of the only 100% concentrated oils that is safe to apply directly. Now I do not recommend it for all as it is strong and you will feel a slight burning sensation, but wow....So what I do is shower and scrub with soap. Then rinse and fill the tub half way or so. Put in 40 drops or so or just apply directly (100%) to my bites. I usually do not even rinse again as the oil acts as a repellant after it dries. It has been two weeks, no new bits and the old bites are all healing. You will see that Tea Tree oil treats many things besides killing mites. Acne, fungal stuff, ect. I highly recommend it. I am NOT a doctor and am not claiming to be. I just want to share my success as those of us that have had these horrible experiences know just how bad life can get.

There are other size bottles available, but I have used thee one ounce bottles already, so four ounces seems to be the way to go.

Take care and give it a try you will not be disappointed!
|

replied June 6th, 2012
I had a bite on my hand after being abroad and it looked red and itched and in a circle I had it for about a day and when coming home on British airways i went to the toilet and got a wet wipe that is used to wipe the toilet seat with and I rubbed this on my hand and within 1 hour it had gone
i always keep these wipes handy they would be good for a gnat/mosquito bite i would use these if you get a bite and need a disinfectant this helped me but it depend on you just what i used and i always keep with me in tropical places I am sure it would help with anything else
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 18th, 2012
what are these white bumps that disappear in an hour or so?
If anyone discovers what is the cause of these white bumps that only itch slightly and disappear in an hour or so, please post here. I've bought an early bedbug detecter and flea detector to see what gets trapped in there. I will post once i receive them in the mail, and wait a few days to see if anything gets trapped there. These are the ones I bought, if anyone wants to try it.
The above needs you in the same room as bait, but the more expensive one below needs an empty room
This one is for fleas, but not sure if it'll work for Bed bugs, since they are both attracted to heat

If anyone tries them, please post your results

thanks
Linda
|

replied September 12th, 2012
itchy bites
my father and mother have been driven mad by the bites i have been reading about.They last for upto 1 hr then go,the house is spotless and we have found no trace of bugs,mites or fleas we are at a complete loss
|