Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I Just Want to Talk.. Need to Know Few Things.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello,

I just want to get more information about some certain things. Um why do we (women) have to wait for 72 hours .. To know if they are.. Or not pregnant. Is it because of the length of ferilization or what?. Im confused. Well, theres not much to say.. But curious why we have to wait for 72 hrs.

Btw, I dont wanta fight or anything. Im just being a tirey mood.. Been burping all day (didn't eat a thing at all today) and farting all day ... Too mch infos. I know its annoying.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Experienced User
Kelly
Ah, thanks.. Thats the only thing I wanta know... Why. Thts all. Im just ugh.. Wanta burp all da ysince I didnt eat much.. I will find more info from my best friend tonight lol. I have a competition tonight, so wish me lucks.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Haha thanks for sharing about your burping?

Lol
|

replied February 10th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey hunnie jen is right thats how long it takes for fertilization that and the sperm lives in u for up to 72 hrs!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I will tell you this it is not because you are not eating that you are burping and farting. Here are some things that I found for you on this subject:

thesite.Org sniffs out the facts behind wind breaking.
What is it?
Farting is properly known as flatulence. It's a natural body mechanism, in which intestinal gas passes out through the anus. It's quite normal to fart - everyone does it (yes, even the queen), but for some bloating and excessive wind can be a real problem.
What causes it?
A number of factors lead to the build up of intestinal gases, such as carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen, as well as other gases produced by bacteria in the gut - often resulting in a bottom burp:
1 .Your diet
some foodstuffs produce more gas than others during digestion. Baked beans are a case in point, mostly because they contain sugars that cannot be broken down. Instead, they ferment in the gut and leave you cutting the cheese for a while afterwards. Broccoli and cabbage can also encourage some big time trumpeting, as does any other food containing large amounts of gas-tastic soluble fibre (including beans, just to secure their status as prime fart-fodder). Eggs and meat tend to produce the stinkiest guffs, however, due to their high sulphur content.
Sort it: don't delete this kind of food from your diet, as it plays a vital role in maintaining a balanced diet. Just open a window or something. If it's a chronic problem, however, consult your doctor to ensure there's no underlying medical cause.
2. Swallowed air
it isn't just food that snakes down your oesophagus when you eat, but a lot of air too. Some people swallow more than others (if they're nervous, or through fast eating/snacking on the move) which can cause burping and indigestion. Naturally, some air travels further, and exits at the other end.
Sort it: eat slowly, and also try reducing your fizzy drink intake - a common cause.
3. Bacteria
don't be alarmed. You need these bugs to help break down food as it passes through the intestines. As part of this process, the bacteria that lives in your guts produces gas - and this has to go somewhere!
Sort it: to some extent your diet determines the level of bacteria activity. For example, a baked bean and cauliflower dish is likely to demand a little bug overtime in your guts, temporarily transforming it into 'the fart factory'
4. Stress, worry and anxiety
external forces believed to stimulate bacteria activity in the gut. Sort it: ask what's troubling you, and seek to overcome it. If the farts subside, you can safely say they started out in your mind.
5. Lactose intolerance
people with lactose intolerance are short on an enzyme called lactase. This should line the intestine, and serves to break down milk or dairy products. In people who are lactose deficient, (which tends to be a hereditary condition) consuming this kind of food can result in stomach cramping and the production of a lot of intestinal wind - even diarrhoea.
Sort it: if you suspect you're lactose intolerant, (i.E. If dairy products give you jip) then seek advice from your gp. S/he can make a proper diagnosis, and advice you on any necessary dietary changes.
Final factamundo
the word "fart" stands for: frequency actuated rectal tremor.

Hope this helps
|

Experienced User
Lol Good One
Hahah good one! Im soo glad I learned something today in school . Lol thanks.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol! Even the queen!
<------- she's right here if u want 2 say it 2 her! Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hahah, yeah you learned about farting!!
|

replied December 18th, 2005
:arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :cry: :oops: :p :x :lol: 8) :? :shock: :d :) :( :o
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Anand J. Singh