Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

37 Weeks And 1 Cm Dilated...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm so tired of being pregnant. I've been 1 cm since last week (36 weeks). How long can you stay at 1 cm? I lost my mucus plug on sunday. Uuuuhhhh!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Emma2
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey! Well i've been 1 cm for about 4 weeks now and i've also lost my mucus plug. So just be patient. The baby will come when its ready
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I was 1 cm. Dilated starting at around 37 weeks. I then went into labor at 41 weeks and 2 days. Everyone is different. Your baby will be here before you know it! Good luck!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: 37 Weeks And 1 Cm Dilated...
maire2125 wrote:
i'm so tired of being pregnant. I've been 1 cm since last week (36 weeks). How long can you stay at 1 cm? I lost my mucus plug on sunday. Uuuuhhhh!!!

you can stay that way until 42 weeks!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I was 1 cm for about 6 weeks.
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2007
Experienced User
I dont even know how many cm I am and I am almost 39 weeks pregnant. My doctor doesnt check for those things because it doesnt matter.
You can walk around being 2cm dialted 50% effaced for weeks.
I dont even want to know what my progress is anyways because it would put extra stress on my shoulders about when the baby is going to come!
|

replied February 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Greeneyes.. Im taking your advice.. Because I am going crazy on when my little man is coming..He actuually moved back up into my uterus and im started closing again
|

replied August 21st, 2009
37 weeks pregnant and 1cm dilated is she coming??
im 37 weeks tomorrow and wwent to the hospital yesterday for cramping and lower back pains the doctors didnt say to much except that i was 1 cm dilated and hopefully they dont have to see me for another week or two does that mean shes coming??
|

replied August 28th, 2009
I am in the EXACT same boat, and my Dr. said the cramping and such is from Baxton hicks. I don't think it means that she's coming soon, but you never know...
|

replied May 10th, 2010
I am 37 weeks pregnagt and dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced i have small pains kinda like mensrtral pains every now and then im ready for my little one to come out i havent lost my mucas plug yet just as a first time mom how do you know when u lose it what does it look lke
|

replied May 10th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
york wrote:
I am 37 weeks pregnagt and dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced i have small pains kinda like mensrtral pains every now and then im ready for my little one to come out i havent lost my mucas plug yet just as a first time mom how do you know when u lose it what does it look lke

It looks like snot. Not all women lose their mucous plug but you'll be fairly certain what it is when you lose it. It isn't just a little bit, it is a large amount of snotty looking goo. Sometimes it is tinged a little with blood.

Not long for you now.
|

replied June 10th, 2010
1 cm
I am 35.5 weeks and my midwife said I am 1 cm dialted. She also used the words 70%. What is effaced?
|