Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

*~*speaking of Tats*~* (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok guys.. This weekend me and .Melly .Butt are going to get my first.

I want one that I can work the kids names and .Robs name into.

I just cant think of anything that hasnt been *over-done.*

please any ideas???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Have you ever considered a "tree of life"? I am going to get my first this july when I hit "50"! I want a branch to represent everyone that I love in my life. If you had a tree, you could have rob and both kids and add "branches or whatever as you went along? I don't see very many trees, my husbands has sleeves of tribals, and I want something different! By hte way, your children are adorable!
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Hi
fairy*godmother wrote:
have you ever considered a "tree of life"? I am going to get my first this july when I hit "50"! I want a branch to represent everyone that I love in my life. If you had a tree, you could have rob and both kids and add "branches or whatever as you went along? I don't see very many trees, my husbands has sleeves of tribals, and I want something different! By hte way, your children are adorable!

ha thanks! (trust me, they know they are cute.. They use it to their advantage.)

that sounds like a nifty idea.. I could put robs name on the trunk and the kids names on the branches!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Great Idea!
Thats a great thought. I will need "several branches", as I have so many people in my life that have made such an an influence. Would love to see how this turns out. I took a picture of a tree i'd like to have done the other day. Now, i'm not sure if I want it on lower back or where???? Will be a start!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Sandra, you know I love you girl. So don't kill me for saying this. But every single person I personally know who's gotten their partner's name tatted on them has ended up breaking up later on and regretting the tat. I'm not saying you and .Rob will break up, but if .God forbid you do, you might regret having his name inked into your skin. Neutral
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Thats just the beauty of tattoo.....Can always ink over an area or name! Especially on a tree branch!
|

Especially eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
sandra, you know I love you girl. So don't kill me for saying this. But every single person I personally know who's gotten their partner's name tatted on them has ended up breaking up later on and regretting the tat. I'm not saying you and .Rob will break up, but if .God forbid you do, you might regret having his name inked into your skin. Neutral

ha both of us beleive marriage is forever girl.. Trust me.

But I *totally* know where you're coming from. .. My friend jenn got her ex's tat *jonathon* on her boob.. Its *hhhhuuuuuge!!* and now they arent together anymore.
|

Especially eHealthy
I"ll never get .Baron on me. But I also don't want him to get me on him.

It's .Taboo down here! Lol...

I"ll definately have our children's names on me. And if it's a boy, it's will inevitably be .William .Baron....But it'll just have v(the 5th) after it! Wink

so in a way...I'll have his name on me.

I like the tree of life idea by the way!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Haha okay then! I didn't feel right not saying that Wink thanks for not taking it the wrong way!

I want .Alyvia's middle name tatted on me one day. Her middle name is .Japanese so I want the character for it, once I can figure out where to put it. And when I get over my fear of needles. And when I convince myself it won't look gross when .I'm 90. *sigh* Laughing
|

Especially eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
ayamiyaki wrote:
sandra, you know I love you girl. So don't kill me for saying this. But every single person I personally know who's gotten their partner's name tatted on them has ended up breaking up later on and regretting the tat. I'm not saying you and .Rob will break up, but if .God forbid you do, you might regret having his name inked into your skin. Neutral

ha both of us beleive marriage is forever girl.. Trust me.

But I *totally* know where you're coming from. .. My friend jenn got her ex's tat *jonathon* on her boob.. Its *hhhhuuuuuge!!* and now they arent together anymore.

i wouldn't let nick get my name either so he got saint bridget's cross instead. I know we're going to be together forever but getting someone's name seems like a jinx to me (unless it's your child).
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I had my ex's name tattoo'ed on my neck in the chinese eqivalent characters for the letters of his name.
The following day was he began his reign of abuse over me Rolling Eyes
fortunately, the characters don't actually mean anything in chinese.
|

Experienced User
I got my exs name tattooed on me but I also have my son who is named after his dad so it all worked out. I have big as hell on the middle of my back casey.
I want to get him when he's a little older to draw something special for me sign it and I will also get that tattooed on me. As for me and evan we both had the whole ex thing and so we choose to get semi matching tattoos.
Were both really into tattoos so it all works out =]
my sister did this though. She has 3 little girls and to symbolize them she got 3 little pairs of foot prints tattooed on her foot and going down the side of her foot she got 3 beautiful baby girls in hebrew . . . She got her ex-husbands name covered 2 yrs ago.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm a tatoo freak but I won't ever tatoo a name on my body. Ever. Not even chu's. Up here it's common for people that we call "the wannabes" to get tatoos of names. The real tatoo freaks get faces. I won't go for that either. My first tatoo I just picked out of a book not really caring what it was. I don't mind it since it's chinese characters so no one really knows what it is. My second tat is hindi (sunder = beautiful, but meaning more like beautiful spirit). My third tat is the dark fairy that I designed. And my fourth was an inside joke between me and my ex, since nobody but my husband sees it and he understands the joke it's all good. I thought about a tribal rose for my next one but I think i'll pass. I'm going to design my next one to symbolize chu but it won't have his name or face.

I just reread my post and it sounds like i'm knocking you for wanting your kids' names. I'm not! Oh whatever, I don't even know what my point was other than to explain that my tatoos (except the first) all mean something to me and i'd rather design a tat to symbolize my son that put his name/face on me.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Most of my tats were designed by me or for me.
They all symbolise where I was at that time in my life. Wink
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
most of my tats were designed by me or for me.

spoken like a true tatoo freak! *bows down*
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Did I come across as criticizing? I didn't mean to... I'm not saying anyone thought that, i'm just asking.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
most of my tats were designed by me or for me.

.That's exactly why I don't give a !**@! what my tattoos are gonna look like when .I'm an old wrinkly woman. They all mean something to me & they symbolize a time in my life that I don't want to forget.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm way too vain for my own good, I guess. I can't help but worry about that stuff. Crying or Very sad

.I really want the japanese character for "kaida" somewhere though. I;m just so picky... *sigh*
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Lower back, laura? All mine are in places where they can be hidden or do not show in polite company at least! Wink

p.S. At 90 you won't care and your grandkids will think you're cool!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
i'm way too vain for my own good, I guess. I can't help but worry about that stuff. Crying or Very sad

.I really want the japanese character for "kaida" somewhere though. I;m just so picky... *sigh*

.What about on your outer thigh? Or maybe really small on the inside of your wrist? Or like .Kay said, your lower back?
|
Quick Reply