Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Fainting As a Sign of Pregnancy?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had an episode this past weekend where I fainted twice. I have never fainted at any other point in my life, nor did I have any noticeable allergic reactions. There were no previous or post symptoms. No headaches, no upset stomach, no prolonged dizziness (aside from immediately before fainting)...As you can see I am a bit confused, and getting frustrated searching for answers. As I was researching online I saw one woman's account of her fainting spells and she later found out she was pregnant. I have already been to the doctors (they usggested I had a term called syncope) and am awaiting an order for blood work, but this little pregnancy thought keeps beeping in the back of my mind. Is pregnancy a possibility? Any help or comments would be great. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You didn't mention if you've been having sex (unprotected or otherwise), so .I'm going to bypass pregnancy for now and just address your symptoms. Fainting usually has to do with a drop in blood pressure or skipping meals. It could also be anemia.

Here's a bit of information on the subject: http://familydoctor.Org/065.Xml (make sure all caps are lowercase)

let us know how your bloodwork goes. Good luck.
|

replied February 7th, 2007
Experienced User
You really can't go by what symptoms you experience to determin weather you're pregnant or not.
Some woman have some symptoms and some woman have no signs at all.
Just like morning sickness. . . I didn't have it threw my entire pregnancy but some woman did.
I wouldn't base being pregnant or not on the symptoms you believe are pregnancy based.
Really you should take an hpt if you think you may be pregnant and see a doctor. Also if your scared about the fainting episode then still see your doctor and fill them in on what's going on.
Good luck and I hope you fel better and get some questions answered.
.Jenn
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Aya is right (sorry cant remember your name at the moment, I wanna say laura but im not sure) it could mean lots of things, and if you didnt have sex you cant be pregnant and if you did that information is kinda needed to help any little way possible over the internet....Also take a home pregnancy test like jen said

and syncopy is just the fancy doctor word for fainting, they mean the same thing, its not a condition or anything, just the word they use to sound smarter then everyone else

~alicia~
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
idony wrote:
aya is right (sorry cant remember your name at the moment, I wanna say laura but im not sure)

ding ding ding! Mr. Green
|