Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Numbness After Oral Surgery

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I had all four wisdom teeth removed this wedn. And the numbness went away later that night. It was still gone the following day but the very next morning on friday the numbness came back on my chin and bottom of lower lip. It has remained the same. I hope I don't have nerve damage but it doesn't make sense that it went away and came back. My doctor said maybe my neve is bruised or maybe it took a couple of days to have swelling and that could explain it coming back. I want to know how long it will take to heal. Has anyone else had this happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2007
Had a tooth infection a while back and the swelling pushed against my nerves causing numbness and paralysis somewhat. The tooth was pulled but it took 6 months before the feelings came back. It bothered me a lot at first but with time, it just got better. Just need to be patient even though I know it's frustrating!
|

replied September 1st, 2010
hi,i have recently remove my wisdom teeth through surgery.today is my 7th day n yet my chin,lip n left gum still numb too.my dentist told me that one in 200 people will have this side effect but he say chances are slim. remember thatis the dentist theory.As patient,we pay them have our tooth to be remove and now this is what we get.i going to consult a lawyer on this issue to sue the dentist. i urge u guys to the same as to compensate us for our loss of numbness.
|