Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Need Some Ideas

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
My sister in law is going to be having her 2nd little girl soon and I know she isn't having a shower. The situation is kinda weird, but I will give it a stab to try to explain it.

My brother and his wife don't really go out much - probably because they have a 4 year old. But they don't have any friends that I know of. If they do anything, they go out with me and my husband, or we just go over to each others house for dinner and such.

So there is the problem.... I want to have a shower for my sister in law, because I wasn't around for their other daughter when she was pregnant. The problem is that I don't have anyone to invite. Her sister and mom live across the country and the only other ones that would come would be me and my mom. And that's it... She doesn't have any other friends here. They don't go to church and she is not in any mother and me type of groups with her daughter... So I don't know how I can have a shower with just me and my mom. That's kinda lame.....

So does anyone have any ideas on what I could do for her instead of having a shower?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Star- Baby Shower Idea's
Hi star. My suggestion would be just to have a family gathering for a baby shower. Invite everyone in the family even if they live far away because they may be able to make it. I think that that is very sweet of you to think about her and care enough to be concerned! Good luck and congrats auntie!

Jeannine
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks - that is what we have decided to do - only we are going to have a girls day. We are going to lunch and then to go get our nails and hair done and go shopping. It will be nice.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
*star* wrote:
thanks - that is what we have decided to do - only we are going to have a girls day. We are going to lunch and then to go get our nails and hair done and go shopping. It will be nice.

sounds like a great plan.

An online friend of mine was in the same kind of situation, no friends where she lived and she had no contact with her family. What we did is opena chat room and plan a day and time and all us online girls from the forum (there's about 20 of us who are close) sent her presents and then we all went in the chatroom at the given time and day and she opened everythiing up and we had an online baby shower. Cool you could always do a little something like that with her family after your girls day out.
|
Tags: pregnant
Quick Reply