Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Taking Clomid 50mg?100mg?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Does any of u kind ppl know the effects of taking clomid. I've been taking 50mg for 2 mths (& did 2 iuis) . Then I stopped for 2 mths (did 1 iui). And now i'm taking 100mg for doing iui for this mth. Does 100mg has more chance of getting double or multiple "eggs"? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hazeleyed69
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Hi I Was On 50 Mg For 4 Mths
Then 100 for 4 1/2 mths and developed a cyst on my ovary from overstimulation.So yes you can get a cyst.But not everyone does.I still havent got preg.Hubby had to have somethings done to him this yr.I did manage to have one iui before I got the cyst.Good luck to you and having a baby,hope it happens soon for you.Mare
|

replied March 2nd, 2004
Clomid only increases the chance for twins about 2-4% and triplets, etc. Are not any higher
|

replied May 19th, 2004
Clomid
I took clomid for three months. It causes hot flashes and severe stabbing pain in your lower abdomen. Your doctor can do an ultrasound right before you would be ovulating and make sure you are releasing several eggs (not too many ) and adjust your dosage accordingly. This is a serious drug and you need to be monitored. It can cause an increased risk of ovarion cancer later in life. I would use this with ovulation test kits to make sure you have sex at the right time.
|

replied April 9th, 2010
hello my name is crystal i am 19 and i currentally had a baby boy in aug and he passed away in septmeber he had 2 heart conditions and was born a month early.....i am now trying to concive again with my new boyfriend (we are getting married in june) and it hasnt happen i recenatlly got prescribed clomid 50 mg and this is my 2nd day i have took the clomid i can use any information or anything on this please help my.
|

replied July 6th, 2010
Tell your doctor before taking Clomid, if:

you are allergic to any medicines;
you have a history of liver disease;
you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant;
you have ovarian cysts, with the exception of polycystic ovary.

|

replied January 5th, 2011
If i take clomid in jan month,is there any chance to get pregnency in next month
|

replied April 9th, 2011
Questions :)
I am on my first round of clomid and was diagnosed with pcos after my last deivery, november 2011. We are trying to conceive our third child and was just wondering a few things.

Tomorrow I go for my second ultrasound and at the one on friday they said I have a mature follicle on my left overy and two on my right. they are all 10mm in size. Does this mean I could have a mutiple pregnancy? Also they will tell me when I will be ovulating, how correct is this? Do people get pregnant on the first round on clomid? I am only taking 50mg. Also wondering if there is anything to make chances of a mutiple pregnancy higher?
|

replied May 11th, 2011
Clomid can work quickly
I took clomid in 2007 and it only took two cycles to become pregnant with my first daughter. Second daughter came two years later by surprise and we r currently trying for a third! Taking my first round of clomid this month hoping it works as quivkly as last time!
|

replied October 28th, 2011
CLOMID SUCCESS
PLEASE LADIES KEEP HOPE! I tried for 6 years to get pregnant and had no luck then I got on clomid and it worked!!Have positive thoughts =)
|

replied April 4th, 2012
i have been on clomid for 5 months. i ovulated the 1st month and then didnt for 3. i have now been put on 100mg and i have just finished that cycle. what advice can ppl give me. i am really down as i have been trying for yrs and have also be told i have pcos. i am having trouble staying positive xx
|

replied October 31st, 2012
thoughts on taking clormid 100mg
my partner and i have been trying for the past 2 yrs. i hve just brought 100mg clormid unprescribed to try as i have heard of alot of great out comes.i am interested in anyones feed back on what they think..
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2013
hello Guys I really need your Help I was diagnose PCOS and I have very Irregular Periods . My Doctor gave me Provera to have my Af then In Clomid to help me to conceive .. My af started on July 15-19 And I start taking clomid on day 5-9 (19-23 ) I Have lots of Side effects I am suffering from sore nipples its almost 2 weeks and I have headaches always. Now it's August 12 I take Pt but suddenly its NEGATIVE is it too early to test? Should I test again please help me Im to lost!
|

replied August 29th, 2013
Hi there, so what was your outcome, did you get your BFP?? I just started my first round of Provera and Clomid. I came off BC in May and have not gotten a period yet. Went to the doctor to have a scan done to check for any possible internal problems, but everything looked normal. Can't explain why I have not gotten my period. Hoping that this treatment will help me get pregnant. Good Luck and BABY DUST !!!
|

replied November 4th, 2013
I have just about to start second cycle of Clomid and I am wondering whether to double the dose as first cycle on it was unsuccessful. Am 38 and TTC for 5 years. Won't have day 21 progesterone until next week and not due to see gynae until next month. Had procedure to check ovaries n tubes n all seemed ok. Last progesterone test was 19. I had sore itchy boobs, bloating and slight cramping on first cycle. I have been told not to think about it too much and to try and keep myself busy. Its difficult as im constantly monitoring my cycle, trying to schedule babymaking sex, day 21 progesterone bloods n pregnancy tests then tears every month when af arrives. Everywhere I go there's either pregnant women or women with baby's. Friends r popping out baby's with out any problems. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted for them but inside my heart is breaking. This waiting is torture. Did anyone double up themselves and if so was there a positive result?
|
Tags: Infertility
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile