Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Tingling In Face Area-weird Sensation

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I get this weird sensation on and off-it's mild feeling. But it feels like around my mouth(below my lips)-my lower cheeks-and upper neck get tingly-numblike. I can feel the skin but it just feels less than it usually does. I know this might sound confusion but i'm trying my best to explain it. I have been on zoloft for 3 years for panic/anxiety/depression and I also have klonopin that I take as needed. That ranges anywhere from 3 times a week to once every two weeks. I read somewhere that benzo's can do this. I've recently had a mri fro other symptoms so i'm pretty confident it's not ms or anything of that nature. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you and god bless,
leah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Re: Tingling In Face Area-weird Sensation
thats a sign of anxiety because my lips use to feel really tingly, and i looked it up and it says that anxiety can cause tingle feelings... and one of the main places was around the mouth
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Be careful of this because tingling or burning sensations on the mouth or lips (called pallor), can be a sign of a physical problem. Don't chock up everything to anxiety unless you've ruled out physical problems first. Medicine, however, could possibly have this effect.
|

replied December 5th, 2012
Be careful and stopped being stressed out! You could get bells palsy where your face is paralized. Do not let your hair dry naturally in the winter cold months or dont go from hot to cold or stick your face out a car window. I swear and others do that it affects bells palsy (look on internet even though it has not been proven. I used to wash my hair and let it dry naturally and always noticed I got sore throats.. I got it 10 years ago when I was totally stressed out and pregnant. it can happen to anyone and reoccur. You do not know how very important not being stressed out is. They checked me for a stroke and for lime decease from a tick but said it was neither. Make sure you dont have a rash around your face also, I did not. If its bells palsy your face could become paralized so stop worrying-I KNOW that is why it happened to me. It can happen to people in stressful situations, children in accidents, etc..is not a fun thing. Usually goes away w/in 3 mths, mine did not, after 2 years had a full face lift to make my face look more normal. Your hearing and ear can hurt and your mouth can drool. Worry will kill you; dont let this. Also, if it happens, (paralisis of face) get to emergency room quick; if you take prednisone and something else? it will help; I could not take one because I was also 9 mths pregnant. It happens to women in the 3rd trimester of preg. also. DONT LET WORRY RUIN YOUR FACE.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.