Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Light red rash on pubic area: herpes?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
About a week ago I noticed a large pimple like sore about 6 inches above my penis which has taken over 4 weeks and is still healing. In addition - in my pubic area I have got this light red rash - small light red spots that are not raised and do not itch.
I am in a managomous marraige for 10 years with no other contact with the exception of a doctor that did a testicular exam about 4 months ago without a glove on (never using him again!)
Any idea what this could be? Herpes?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2007
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A2286
Given only a written description of a “large pimple-like sore” and “small light red spots that are not raised and do not itch in the pubic area”, it is very hard to diagnose the condition on your skin. You could be experiencing a skin inflammation but the cause is still undetermined (infection, irritation or allergy). You can consult a dermatologist for a correct diagnosis and proper treatment.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.