Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Dark Labia Majora

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Many women in erotic magazines have light pink youthful looking vaginas. The labia majora is the same color as the rest of their bodies. However, mine is much more of a darker pink and makes me feel uncomfortable.Is this something that just happens? Caused by something? Something I can fix? Please help. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stk140
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Who cares about women in erotic magazines? Smile. Half the time they have surgery, professional make up artists, and get airbrushed to look like that. They're hardly even real people anymore by the time we see them. Smile .

Seriously though, everyone's vagina looks different. Labia are different sizes and different colors. Some women have pink labia, while others have dark brown, or anything in between.

My guess would be that they often choose women with pink labia to do erotic things because they look more youthful. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are, however. Smile. At any rate, comparing your labia to theirs is like comparing your breasts, hair, eyes, or anything else. I mean, we could all sit here and say, "aw, how come i'm not 5 feet 10 inches, 105 pounds, and a 32dd?" but what's the point? Smile

so in short, you're not abnormal. In fact, you're probably more normal and real than the women that you see in those magazines. Smile . It's just something that happens, like eye color or hair color.
|

replied February 2nd, 2007
Yeah I guess I just get self conscious..... But thank you very much. That makes me feel better
|

replied June 15th, 2010
Pefectly Normal
Most women have a darker colored labia so you're normal. Besides; I think it's very attractive, and I'm sure there are lots of other guys who see it the same way Smile
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
Hmm, I know my inner labia is brown, and my skin is white, I asked my mother about it and she said hers is like this too, and it was b/c of amerindian blood in our family, at the time I took that to be truth, but after reading a lot online, I think its just normal.
|

replied September 24th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Red, wine red, purple, dark purple, white, brown, dark brown, almost black, pink, blotchy, colored on the edges, wrinkled, smooth, hanging out, sticking out, peeking out, hidden, small, long, uneven, small, fat, big - it is all normal. Our vulvas are like the rest of out bodies and faces - different for every woman on this planet.

If your inner labia are too long, they can get pulled inside your vagina and torn or damaged during sex. In such cases, it is possible to have labia plasti (plastic surgery for labia) done. For the other 99.99999999999% of women, out vulvas are just fine and beautiful in their uniqueness.
|

replied November 21st, 2010
Labia color doesn't matter. Being yourself is what matters.
My wife is Asian with light skin, and the most beautiful caramel brown labia. But, it wouldn't matter what color, shape, size or texture. She also has breast implants (that I am not fond of). But, what is the most important is that she is my wonderful wife, and I love her for far more than her labia, her breasts, or any other of her individual body parts. I wouldn't change a thing about her! I love her because she's who she is, and not just a collection of body parts. She could look like a used burlap sack, and I would love her just the same! So, don't worry what erotic models allegedly look like. Be yourself, and your lover will love you because you are being you.
|

replied May 30th, 2011
That was absolutely beautiful!!! I have been feeling so very insecure about my labia (and still plan to have labiaplasty) but it's only because I feel I would feel more sexy if my inner lips were more even. One is extremely longer than the other (almost deformed) and with having HUGE babies (all 3) I feel that I am so stretched out and I have a gapping hole. My husband has even complained that sometimes he cannot feel the sides of me during intercourse.

I do have lots of flaws down there too and am only hoping that after my surgery I WILL look somewhat more normal. I had been feeling so bad about myself lately to the point of depression. Knowing that there are surgeries out there to correct my problem has given me such hope. But I had to comment on your statement as it made me feel so good to know that there are men out there that feel that way about their partners. That is so important. Thank you for such great advice.
|

replied November 17th, 2012
I agree with StK140. I am also a husband and I too have a wonderful Asian wife who has a beautiful dark brown labia and her overall skin complexion is white. Most man wont be able to put it as eloquent as Stk140 did, but because he spoke from his heart, he made a resonating speech that would reach deep into the womans...heart. It is only with the heart that that one can see rightly. If a man sees only with his eyes and sees u only as an object and judges you by your body parts, then he is not completely sincere in his feelings for you. Yet if your man appreciates you for who you are, then that is true love.
|

replied September 4th, 2014
what? GUYS LOVE (insert derogatory term for vulva here) NO MATTER WHAT COLOR IT IS!!

Seriously, we guys love the girl the parts are attached to, not the other way around.

If you run into a guy that says, "I only like bleached white skin and a pale pink labia", he did you a favor in letting you know up front that he is a waste of your time; get dressed quickly and find another guy.

I myself greatly appreciate when a girl is into me enough that she is willing to share herself in such an intimate and sensual way with me.

BTW, Got any pictures Very Happy
|
Quick Reply