Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Sterilizing Bottles

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
I just ate the best orange, I haven’t eaten them since I was preggers because I ate the hell out of them until I couldn’t bear to have another one. Lol but this one was great, I wish I would have brought another one…..I would have soooooo eaten it. Lol

by the way guys I am not preggers, I tested and it was neg….And then I started yesterday. All is well and good in my world. Lol

other than the fact that my sister keeps throwing amelia’s bottles in the sink with all the other dirty dishes. She has been living with me for a few weeks and she will not stop putting them in the sink. I have to boil the bottles like more than once a week…..I don’t dry my bottles with the other dishes I put them on a papertowel for them to dry and for some reason I cant get it thru her thick head.

Which brings up this question…how often do you guys disinfect your baby bottles?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I just wash my kids bottles in boiling hot water. I used to sterilise them using a microwave sterilser but stopped when logan was 6 months old
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Yay for not being pregnant! I was wondering thatthe other day and was gonna make a post about it but I got side tracked and went to the bathroom! Lol siblings are great aren't they? Rolling Eyes
|

Especially eHealthy
Oni Dr. Advised me I could stop boiling things at 3 months.

So, that's what I did. I no longer boil anything. When I wash them, it's in scouring hot water. But I don't boil anymore.

It's great to be able to pull a noonie out of a package and just pop it in! (esp. At the grocery store when you realize you left hers at home! Shocked )

sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
I boiled all the bottles on the stove when I first opened them. After that I washed them by hand for about 2 weeks with wicked hot water and that got old fast, ever since then i've just put them in the dishwasher with all the other dishes and I run the sanitize cycle along with the regular one.
|

Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
oni Dr. Advised me I could stop boiling things at 3 months.

So, that's what I did. I no longer boil anything. When I wash them, it's in scouring hot water. But I don't boil anymore.

It's great to be able to pull a noonie out of a package and just pop it in! (esp. At the grocery store when you realize you left hers at home! Shocked )

sarah

lol yeah we always seem to loose our soothies and leave them at home. Lol it's craziness. Ok so I am the only crazy girl that boils amelia's bottles?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I only sterilized his bottles when they were new (here we are told not to sterilize too often as it could lead to thrush-and mtl has a great water system), but I would always wash them alone.

I only started mixing his cups and plates and stuff with mine a few months ago. Embarassed lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
I love that picture of you and him sooooooo much it makes me want to kiss him too.....And cuddle him. He is to cute.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
sunflower_pie81 wrote:
i love that picture of you and him sooooooo much it makes me want to kiss him too.....And cuddle him. He is to cute.

awww thanx. Smile
|

User Profile
Supporter
I staralize all reeses bottles and nipples before filling them I was them out before I staralize them also... Funny, I was going to ask the same question about bottles
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Chu's too old for that...Plus we have entirely too many bottles. I'd have to do them in batches. Then i'd have to do the sippy cups and spoons... I'd lose it! Laughing
|

Especially eHealthy
Lol..I'm right there wit cha girrrl!

Sarah
|