Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Dry During Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Okay so I have a problem. I tend to get really dry very quickly while having sex. Ill be all wet and aroused during foreplay and then five minutes into sex ill be dry. This is frustrating for my man because it feels better for him when im wet and its frustrating for me because it hurts when im dry and he continues to thrust. 1. Is this normal to get dry so quickly? And what does it mean? 2. Besides lubricant is there anything else I can do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper xliizzz
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2007
Supporter
first you need to take a look at what has changed in your life recently- medications? Stress levels? Illness? Birth control methods? Changes in any of the above could cause vaginal dryness for a normally healthy woman. Other reasons as to why you may be dry down there include pregnancy, menopause, or simply not getting enough foreplay before penetration.

source..

Http://www.Uistudenthealth.Com/question/de fault.Asp?Id=293

is there a reason why you don't want to use lubricant?

If you're still not satisfied, i'd see a doctor. It could be hormonal imbalance too.

Good luck!
|

replied February 3rd, 2007
No theres no reason. I just feel like I shouldnt need to use lube, I should be wet enough on my own ya know. I am in my third month of the pill so that could be it. Im not sure. Ill have to look into it. And also I found that the more foreplay the drier I am. Its like im wasting what I have on foreplay and by the time we get to sex, my supply has run out. I dont know if that helps.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There is nothing wrong with using lubrication. Many women use it.
|

replied February 4th, 2007
llewellyn wrote:
there is nothing wrong with using lubrication. Many women use it.

does it increase the risk of infection? Me and my bf have been wanting to experiment with lube, but im too paranoid because I tend to get infections quite easily:-\
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
shnookadilly wrote:
llewellyn wrote:
there is nothing wrong with using lubrication. Many women use it.

does it increase the risk of infection? Me and my bf have been wanting to experiment with lube, but im too paranoid because I tend to get infections quite easily:-\

there are two main types of lubrication, water-based and petroleum-based. Make sure you read the label and get water-based. Petroleum-based lubricants can increase your chances of getting an infection, and they also break down latex in condoms making them more likely to break. I am not aware of any down sides to water-based lubrication, however. They are available over the counter, but be aware that vaginal dryness can be a symptom of a problem. So before buying, women should see their doctor just to make sure their dryness isn't a sign of something larger. If the doctor gives the ok, then go for the water-based lubricants all you want.
|

replied January 17th, 2013
I have the same problem and really struggling with it now as I don't feel like having sex anymore because of this. lost allowing my libido and I'm only 20
|

replied January 17th, 2013
I have the same problem and really struggling with it now as I don't feel like having sex anymore because of this. lost allowing my libido and I'm only 20
|

replied January 18th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Get a personal lubricant where they sell condoms. There are very sexual problems you can instantaneously solve by just spending a few $. This is one of them.

Your own lubrication will get more or less throughout your life, sometimes within one cycle, sometimes for months at a time. If you think anything else can be wrong, see your doctor.
|

replied April 7th, 2013
Well there is one last thing not mentioned if she's not attracted to you she won't get wet
|

replied October 12th, 2013
Hi all, sho I need to say I am glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I should say, I cant blame my problem on the pill, I have changed to the injection but still have this problem, I can even say that it is that I am not attracted to the guy or that there is to much 4play. But it seems instead of getting wetting after I have reached my climax I am as dry as the dessert. This is leaving me in a bad spot, making me believed I faked it, even though I know I did not fake, cause if I fake I am still wet. Anyway thanks to all that shared, atleast I feel bit better that I am not the only one.
|
Quick Reply