Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Dull Stomach Pains

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm 20 yrs old, I had my gallbladder removed in aug 2006, and then was hospitalized for 5 days with acute pancreatitis in sept 2006. After following a low fat diet that was recommended by the hospital, I slowly started introducing dairy products into my diet and everything seemed to be going well. Yet lately, I have been getting pains and dull stomach aches after every meal, the same way I felt when I had gallstones.
Any ideas? And can this tie in at all with utis...Because for me, it always seems to start that way.
Any advice is greatly appreciated Smile thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kelly10
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sad thing is , removing the gallbladder doesnt mean the pain is gone 100% some people still get recurring pain even after there gallbladders removed. I guess one of the few good things is stones cant form. But id prob stick to the diet they gave you. No high fatty foods, or greasy and friend foods etc. Its not all that bad Smile since most the foods that cause the pain are not so healthy foods anyhow .
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
The pancreatitis might have been caused by a small stone that was left behind in the pancreatic duct after your gallbladder was removed. During gallbladder surgery we commonly do a procedure called Choleangiogram. This involves injection of a radiopague dye into the cystic (gallbladder) duct and doing an x-ray. This will show if there are any stones left in the pancreatic duct. It is possible that you still have a very small stone or some sludge left in the duct. As tinkinpink84 said some people do continue to have pain after their surgery. And I can't see a relationship between having a UTI and a flare up of your abdominal pain. Hope this helps.
|

replied April 10th, 2007
Stacey,
That's funny you would wonder about a uti and gallbladder. I have gallbladder disease (all the women on my mother's side have had it removed) and will have to get it removed soon. The pain is not terrible, but noticable at times. I have recurring uti's and am starting to notice when I have the uti pain I also notice gallbladder pain. I too wonder if there is a correlation. I'm not a medical professional but you have to wonder if it is related. Sorry for your troubles, but glad to hear I'm not alone.

- Kelly
|