Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Skin disorder: Tiny bumps on chest and neck

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
About 3 months ago I started developing tiny bumps on my chest and neck and some hardly there on my face....anyways I don't have insurance so I went to a free clinic for a regular check up and show them to her and she told me to take benadral and cortiozone lotion (which did not help) The bumps do not itch or hurt, most of them are the same color as my skin so they kind of look like goosebumps, they are noticable b/c there are so many and you can feel them. If you or someone you know has this and know what it is or how to cure it please respond ASAP...Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2007
Acne, Skin Disorders Answer A2235
The doctor you consulted in the free clinic probably thought that you were experiencing some kind of allergy so she gave you anti-allergic drugs. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an antihistaminic drug and Cortisone is a corticosteroid drug. Both are given for treating allergies. It is very hard to diagnose “tiny bumps” are without seeing them. You should next consult a dermatologist about them for an opinion, diagnosis, and treatment options.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.